• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilot vehicles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot vehicles

Anyone know anything about the recent regulation in Sask about vehicles over 14.9ft requiring a pilot on a highway, including Ag?

I don't know the regulations but i went to town this morning and there is a grain bin coming down the hiway with a pilot in the front and the back. A grain bin is so plain to see on the road that if someone can not see it they should not be driving and all the pilot is doing is adding to the cost of the bin.

Comment

Just like stop signs with blinking red lights, and rumble strips ahead with signs on the road and pavement saying "stop ahead", would be a good indication that a stop would be required, in AB we've taken to putting traffic circles, 4 way stops, and speed reductions on perpendicular traffic in an effort to protect the dumbest among us. For many things in this world it seems like no additional cost, or added burdensome regulation is too large if it can save one life!

Comment

In some cases I think the pilot vehicles are needed to control traffic. And pilot vehicles communicate with each other and the "hazzard" on the road.

Common sense sometimes isn't so common. Rules and regulations to protect some people from themselves.

Comment

That's not new. They are enforcing it now it's for designated highways. You also need a permit to be on them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...