• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something funny with HRS! Deliver now! we need your late oct grain to fill a train

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something funny with HRS! Deliver now! we need your late oct grain to fill a train

Got the call yesterday get your october hrs into the elevator as we need the grain to fill a train to the coast. I said were still harvesting and have a funeral later this week so no I'm busy. Wow don't piss on a coordinator. Its needed and get it in we have a train to fill.

Ah what happened to all the HRS that was suppose to be grown this year. Oh i think its bullshit and farmers are also done selling for a while.
    Some world notes.

Lack of Sept. rainfall worsens big dry in Australia. Some of the country's prime agricultural regions have reported record low Sept. rainfall, threatening an already downgraded estimate for crop production. During the past four months there have been serious to severe deficiencies across the majority of NSW, southern and coastal parts of Queensland, a large area of southern South Australia, eastern Victoria, and eastern Tasmania.
    Farm commodities appear to be "in the early deals of a bull market", according to the operator of the Bcom index, proving particularly upbeat over prospects for corn, soybean and wheat prices, says a post on agrimoney.com.
    Bloomberg Intelligence acknowledged that the depression in the Bcom agriculture index, as measured on a spot basis, was reaching "historic extremes" in terms of its weak performance.
    "Since 1991, the 52-week rate of change in the Bloomberg agriculture spot index has never been lower for longer in a four-year period," the business said, highlighting the weight on prices in particular from a cool US Aug. which, in boosting US row crop yields, undermined values.
    However, the extent of the downturn represented a contrarian buy signal, Bloomberg Intelligence (BI), said, saying that "agriculture prices are about as buried as they get" and that "price gains are likely for agricultural commodities" in the newly-started Oct.-to-Dec. quarter.

So what are others thinking.

Im of the opinion guys locked the bins said price is to low, we delivered at higher price and couldn't care. All of the above. Seems we have two sides this year. Grain companies blowing up yields telling the world canada has grain and farmers saying it was good quality but no mention of yield most of the time.

Drought in ND and Montana and SD wasn't a drought according to USDA. HA HAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Bullshit again.

So what are others thinking.

So you sold wheat for October, and the elevator phoned for you to deliver it in October, therefore everyone is full of crap and there was no wheat grown anywhere? Not sure I follow the logic.

Comment

1. A rising dry Baltic index with lower stocks at port is a recipe for a cluster**** worse than the coordination efforts by the CWB.

2. Contracts not signed mid summer because guys didn't know what they were going to have....

3. Good quality durum and wheat....so guys want to see how a blend will work out...

4. Very poor railway performance at 650000 tonnes east and west in pretty good weather all spring and summer...

5. Boat capacity rising at West coast.

6. Asking prices at port are not dropping.....

Dumb****led farmer ..tm.....
      Last edited by bucket; Oct 4, 2017, 07:33.

Comment

Ag it was a late october delivery on a high valued summer contract so yea they want it real early. Now the funny thing where is all the big grain crops to fill this train that farmers were just trying to dump as harvest was going on. Simply farmers aren't selling. Crop wasn't as big as the companies want us to believe.

Australia needs rain bad and SA isn't that great. plus the USA doesn't have huge piles of grain. Lowest winter wheat seeded area and no bin buster.

Lets do math again.

Comment

Ritz gave elev Co's 3 months to honor contracts not farmers. Whenever they want it get it in there.

Comment

Let's call Yerry the "graincos Ken"

In response to climate barbie remark...

Funny hey.?

Comment

I've never seen a "late october" contract from any of the elevators where we farm. They all have a delivery month that matches calendar months and they are buyers call. Not suggesting the terms aren't skewed in favor of the grain companies vs. the producer but you are obligated, as in any contract, to execute what you signed up for. If there is a company that offers late October I would be interested to know what company that is.

Comment

Wow ag your missing the big picture as you worry about the Grain company. Yea I have a obligation to deliver in October. Similar to them taking Alberta Grain and leaving me sitting till feb a few years back but that’s another topic.

Why is the elevator empty?

Big yields I have been told by media and Grain companies yet farmers say it was great quality and that’s it oh look a moose!

Comment

Read SF3 post and use that information to compare what is happening in your area; add value by reporting back here what is happening in your area. Not speaking for for SF3 but likely a October contract; that manager assured him late October delivery... who hasn't done that?

Comment

It's Oct.haul before they change their minds and take it on a 40 below day in Dec.
                    Yields better than expected..but prices are a insult..that is why not many are selling.

Comment

Just remember how we were sitting on mountains of wheat last year, then all of a sudden, oops-no wheat left. Maybe in this case the quality is what he needs?

Comment

I've had contracts written like that...

Comment

SF3, If I understand you, I've had similar contracts like that, where you know your going to be away during the first half of the month, and won't be able to deliver till the latter part of the month. "It's an understanding" you can have with a buyer, that if he has a train during the first part of the month, he won't be able to rely on your grain to fill it. Both parties know the situation.
                          If you can, why not haul? I find the grading and dockage always a bit better when they need it to fill a train, than when you want to force it in through their doors. Then they can care less.
                          Heck it's dry, trucks stay clean, and you never know when you can get a snow storm like the SEAB and SWSK
                          And if you can't, you can't,,,,don't lose sleep over it!

Comment

I’m not losing sleep over it the post was ment to ask two questions not about me having to deliver.

One where is all the HRS?

Two did farmers say f$&k it and lock the bins.

Three if our terminal is empty maybe they need to pay more

Comment

"Three if our terminal is empty maybe they need to pay more"

Do Ya think?

Drop the price and instill a sense of fear and panic then bring it back up and everyone wants to sell.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...