• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People stealing my pictures for Kijiji ads

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People stealing my pictures for Kijiji ads

Got a funny feeling last night looking on Kijiji last night. Certain poster on the site used a picture of a loading chute I built and posted here and Facebook. Now I don't know to feel either ingratiated by admirers or ripped off. The particular outfit I think maybe would build something like that if requested and I know nothing online is sacred but god it feels creepy.

I'd be kinda pissed about that. It's one thing to use others ideas for something of your own use but to parade it as yours and sell it to others is pretty cheesy. Do these guys offer to paint it green by the way?😉

Had to look for myself...

Comment

Pretty disrespectful to not contact you for permission. And yes creepy if your pictures were only posted on your fb page. But if they don't have a picture of their own??
      If your really pissed post another kijiji add with the same picture stating to the other guys since you stole my picture why don't you come down and I ll show you how to actually build this thing. Hahaha

Comment

Big Wheel. Like👍

Comment

I'd tell the person who stole your picture to remove it.

Comment

The ad is based out of Saskatchewan and seems kinda all over the place. Almost wonder if it's not a scam. I hate to slander anyone here but I'd like to shame them enough so they don't steal my pictures. It's not like it's a professional built thing. All materials were the price of free baring 100+ lbs of 6010 and 7018. I even wonder the other pictures aren't stolen too.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
              I'd be kinda pissed about that. It's one thing to use others ideas for something of your own use but to parade it as yours and sell it to others is pretty cheesy. Do these guys offer to paint it green by the way?😉

Had to look for myself...
              Pretty much the foundation of companies like Apple etc.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                Pretty much the foundation of companies like Apple etc.
                So true. Lots of guys building and selling cattle related equipment. All the ideas are copied from someone's design. I copied some ideas myself but also made a few improvements I thought would be better and beefed things up from what I saw out there. Like those freestanding panels every meno with a plasma and mig will gladly undercut one another to pump out great quantities of reasonable priced fencing. So much so sales of corral posts and planks has but disappeared around here. Before I babble on more here it's just the idea these guys are not only dishonest but lazy for using a picture of something they had no hand in building and not acknowledging that. I have no problem people asking. I prefer this stuff being open sourced for sake of others improving the design and parlaying it back. Keeps it out of the hands of big corps wanting to charge an eronious sum for simple ideas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...