• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas from out West!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas from out West!

Pictures soon☃️. After the sun comes up.

Yup Woodland we are east of Red Deer. 4 inches of snow in the field and 2 inches of slush and ice on the road, I always hate the look of the first snowfall. On the plus side the first snow never stays.

Comment

Any moisture is great around us, just to prime the pump.

Comment

Not quite that much here hamloc. Just got dried up after last weeks 3 inch rain. Off to keep swathing canola and my brother is going to get the dryer ready to roll. The cereals were standing last night and if they are still then I'll be a happy guy.

Got a half inch rain last night before it became fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Any moisture is great around us, just to prime the pump.
          SDG I wish I could pump it your way. Only 1% done here and it's 22% wheat so I better see if it's warming itself up in advance of the dryer. 😉

Comment

Tough break woodland, saw those canola swaths you had posted. Snow won't hurt them but will likely add to your delays, very frustrating.
            Still have crop out here in SESK, been getting showers and such since Sept 15th.
            Was atleast half done when SF3 started, now he might wrap it all up before us.
            Just hating these damn delays.

Comment

Drying days are dwindling. Got the old dryer warming up? Good Luck-hope the weather breaks for a long Indian Summer ( is it still called that?).

Comment

Yup! Quite the storm. Number one highway closed from Calgary to Bassano. Emergency shelters opened up at every community along the highway. Power has been going off and on since early morning. Worst part is the wind! And guess what, it's moving east. Have good look at your canola swaths boys because they might be gone in a day or two. Not an issue here as everyone is pretty well done.

Comment

We are on the west side of the Cypress Hills on the Alberta side, have about a foot of snow so far they are talking about another foot till its over. We sure need the moisture but with a 30-60 km wind and very wet snow could get hard on the cattle but this wouldn't be the first time this has happened.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...