• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Bubble in East half of Sk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Bubble in East half of Sk

Dry bubble still not burst apparent on animated satellite,
    so roll those combines till and IF it bursts.
    We are sunny and warm...today...
    Sorry Farma, moisture needed W of Regina ....Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 in the books.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	777743
    Finished last night, my 50th harvest, son's were home helping.
    Last edited by fjlip; Oct 1, 2017, 14:05.

Right on fj 👍
    Rain happened southwest of here

Comment

But its not over yet fj. I'm being patient and hopeful....as painful and discouraging as it has been....

Congratulations on your 50th harvest.....time to pass on the torch....
      Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 1, 2017, 14:21.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Dry bubble still not burst apparent on animated satellite,
        so roll those combines till and IF it bursts.
        We are sunny and warm...today...
        Sorry Farma, moisture needed W of Regina ....[ATTACH]2179[/ATTACH]
        Finished last night, my 50th harvest, son's were home helping.
        Congratulations, how many sons?

Comment

That satellite looks mighty but as we know well, looks can be deceiving. Cloud seeding equipment may be more valuable than tillage equipment.

Comment

Congratulations FJ 50 harvests is a big accomplishment. Will any of the next generation take over in the future?

Comment

Congratulations fj that is a milestone and not an easy one.

Comment

Have not heard much about cloud seeding in past few years, remember when it was touted before as a way to increase rainfall.
                For those who want rain to increase reserve moisture in soil, might as well hope for early spring and some slow April rains or, better still, adequate growing season moisture.
                Hope we avoid slough filler run off from heavy rain or snow thaw, now that sloughs are back to more or below traditional levels.

Comment

What I would lose in unseedable low spots I would more than make up for in adequately recharged soil moisture reserves over the whole farm....a little peace of mind.

Comment

Looks like north of us might get wet and we’re 2 to 8 mm total harvesting today down to 7 quarters left

I think next year is my 40 th congrats on the 50

Comment

Block still in place and holding. WTF is causing this?

Comment

Isn't that block odd? It is the Regina Block for sure. All year, same pattern, so frustrating when you have cracks 4-5 inches wide.

Comment

Isn't that block odd? It is the Regina Block for sure. All year, same pattern, so frustrating when you have cracks 4-5 inches wide. Not to mention trees that we've tended for decades showing such stress that they may not make it. We've been dragging hoses. Watering all green life that we can gat at almost daily, all summer. Believe me, 2017 has been a stinker.

Comment

I just find it so funny like the hand of God is saying no water for you! All summer same stuff it will break but when. Snow for Alberta tomorrow wow

Comment

Wikipedia has an interesting report on cloud seeding, says it has never been statistically proven to work, even after reported success in individual trials.
                              As to reserve moisture, value likely varies farm to farm depending on soil type, topography and more.
                              After ten wet years, own farm would prefer to see it stay a little on the dry side.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...