• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDP Leadership.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NDP Leadership.

Jagmeet Singh wins Federal NDP leadership.

If you close your eyes and listen to him speak, you would never know he wears a turban. Same as the Federal Liberal defense minister.

Won on first ballot.

Comment

We are screwed, Justin will get all NDP votes...

Comment

Another one term leader. Greens will pick up a lot of seats, as will Doughhead. NDP must be having a betting contest to see how irrelevant they can become. Will be very good for my riding as we go NDP nearly always, with Cons in close 2nd. This will give Cons a big advantage here.

Comment

I m afraid fj is likely correct. What a political mess.

Comment

fjlip, I just read somewhere that he may steal liberal votes in BC and parts of Ontario. He is a Sikh not a muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

If you close your eyes and listen to him speak, you would never know he wears a turban. Same as the Federal Liberal defense minister.
              LOL, sounds like 5 steps to overcoming racism. #2 is opening your eyes just a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                LOL, sounds like 5 steps to overcoming racism. #2 is opening your eyes just a little bit.
                LOL.... I had the word "racist" in the original post but edited it. I was wondering when someone would point it out.

Does Canada have a "culture" or is it always evolving.

Do you ever wear a kilt or play the bagpipes grassfarmer....now I'm "ethnic profiling"! Did you marry a Lassie?

Remember I talked about a society that can't maintain itself..... (requiring immigration to maintain population and it's economic activity to support it) a terror attack in Edmonton. ...separate issue to Singh's NDP leadership win.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Does Canada have a "culture" or is it always evolving.

Do you ever wear a kilt or play the bagpipes grassfarmer....now I'm "ethnic profiling"! Did you marry a Lassie?
                  Yes it has a culture as does every place, and they are always evolving. If it doesn't evolve it dies.

No I don't wear a kilt or play bagpipes - because I don't come from that part of Scotland (the Highlands). It's an easy mistake to make as many of my countrymen seem unaware of our history and have adopted the kilt as the outfit to get married in as well as for other social functions. I have no more reason to wear a kilt than an Englishman just across the border.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how he does. He certainly has charisma and youth. Quebec may be his problem. Trudeau may lose some previous NDP voters because of his record. Scheer has declared himself a feminist and is trying hard to distance himself from the far right wing of the party. The only way to get elected in this country is to move to the centre. I expect Trudeau will be around for another term.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                      It will be interesting to see how he does. He certainly has charisma and youth. Quebec may be his problem. Trudeau may lose some previous NDP voters because of his record. Scheer has declared himself a feminist and is trying hard to distance himself from the far right wing of the party. The only way to get elected in this country is to move to the centre. I expect Trudeau will be around for another term.
                      likely wont get a single seat in Quebec. Sad to say, looks likey turdeau has 2nd majority on the way.

Comment

Provided no-one gets knifed between now and 2019, Justin Trudeau will be the oldest of the serious contenders. That is pretty impressive considering he will only be 47. Scheer and Singh will be just 40. Elizabeth May on the other hand will be 65. 65 is probably more about the age we would think most politicans in senior positions would be.

In British or American politics, would the population take anyone that young seriously? Paul Ryan and Sarah Palin are really the only notable exceptions that I can think of as of late, being 44(palin) and 42(ryan) at the time they ran for VP. I guess Harper was 43 when he took the reigns of official opposition leader, but he was 47 when vying for the top job.

Comment

Both Tony Blair and David Cameron were elected UK Prime minister at 43. Most have been older for sure.

Comment

This might help with BC taking votes from the idiot Trudeau. Ontario a few seats. Might take the idiot out.

Comment

Trudeau didn’t win by a landslide

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...