• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calgary: Bring on Amazon . . . Maybe not the Flames

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
    Last week it was reported that Winnipeg was a front runner for Amazon. Winnipeg's central location along with the Centre Port development are prime consideration. (Get it? Prime?)
    That's too punny

Comment

Maybe the sask party should grease the wheels and get amazon to set up at the GTH.

Get it SF3 grease the wheels?

Iceman Out

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
        Saw the flames proposal and thought it was a typical oilman deal, All rights and no responsibilities.
        You pay for it and if there's profits we get them. Don't love nenshi but hes right on this one.

As far as amazon Id be surprised to see another headquarters on the west side of the continent, it'll go into the Carolinas or some other East coast location or into Mexico. I should think, why would I build in a high cost of labour and benefits jurisdiction.
        probably 95% of amazon's inventory comes to north America via west coast. likely they will keep the dist. center on the westside, no sense trucking/railing to east, then having fed ex send it back west. Calgary could very likely be a good candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
          Last week it was reported that Winnipeg was a front runner for Amazon. Winnipeg's central location along with the Centre Port development are prime consideration. (Get it? Prime?)
          I don't think there is a big enough population around winterpeg to support it, most younger people there without jobs don't have to work, government takes care of them and theyre too busy looking after their half dozen of kids.

Comment

Calgary may be too small for this deal.Sask definately not in the running.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
              probably 95% of amazon's inventory comes to north America via west coast. likely they will keep the dist. center on the westside, no sense trucking/railing to east, then having fed ex send it back west. Calgary could very likely be a good candidate.
              Your logic is sound, though I still would be quite surprised if it happened though I wouldnt be surprised to see knothead throw a bunch of taxpayer money at it. So who the hell knows anymore .

Comment

Big oil has had a big slap in the face .... they needed it .
                The same thing about to happen in big Ag

Comment

Sorry to offend anyone but it's 100!% true

Comment

Mayor Nenshi may be on-the-way out . . . . Calgary voters are in a feisty mood about tax hikes.

Comment

Heard Brett Wilson on CBC "As it happens" the other night. Basically calling Nenshi a liar about what's he's saying regarding negotiations with the Flames. Thought he was almost inferring there are recordings of Nenshi saying different things during some of these meetings with the Flames behind closed doors vs. in public while campaigning.

When is the election?

Comment

The majority of freight handled by FedEx in Amazon.

Amazon is going too develope their own freight delivery/courier business - then they are in control and another profit center.

East side of the Rockies, close to port, I15 direct access to usa, the NW corner on continent is secured territory. If people have never purchased off of Amazon - they simple don't know or understand why retail space and store front companies are going bankrupt. Amazon isn't a book company, anymore.

Amazon owns Seattle, the city is absolutely dominated by Amazon.

Comment

My vision of Seattle is an Amazon employee in Starbucks enjoying a coffee while working on an Apple computer armed with Microsoft updates. Quite an amazing tech city . . . .

Comment

So you create 50,000 jobs but many retails small and big would close in that city when there would be package delivery within hours.

Can most of you not understand how much economic activity is created in a city with a pro team. Pays for a lot municipal services.

Comment

Huh? The riders couldn't buy turf a few years ago and hardly survive without their lottery. ...pay for services. ????they are not paying the interest on the new stadium. ....

Too many think like stamps guy. ...not realizing it's a windfall for the owners if someone else builds the stadium.

Comment

The Riders are "a ward of the State".....Saskatchewan's "foster child".

The amount of money that gets spent in Regina when there's home games is nothing to sneeze at. Ok...now let me have it how Regina isn't all of Sask and the money pales in comparison to the stadium debt....

Would have the old stadium been adequate? Probably. Do I want to farm with 30-40 year.old.equipment? No

Amazon jobs, good point about losing some local small stores to the "new model".
                                Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 1, 2017, 06:51.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...