• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Verdient Foods

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't answer any questions in regards to the current project.

Based upon acres of organic in western Canada, my guess they will need to buy acres to fill the plant with organic. And indeed the indigenous land holdings may be a factor as well in the future.

Thanks for the kind comments, we are all part of a very proud industry with an amazing legacy.

If you are still harvesting good fortune.

Comment

Yes this is very good news! Great work!!

Comment

Is this the same oil sands is dirty oil James Cameron?

Comment

While reading the WESTERN PRODUCER'S article about all the pea fractionation plants being built it dawned on me the trouble growers can have with the ever present threat of root rot. I think there's an estimated 750K tonnes of new capacity coming on stream.

I hope the pea breeders are working hard to breed some resistance into the new varieties. The effects of root rot can be devastating. I guess prices will simply have to rise if production can't meet domestic and international demand.

I just wish one of these new plants was in my back yard....I'd have to switch from greens to yellows, but that would be ok...I'm not prejudiced.

Comment

Dennis Bulani at The Rack has three years in now on growing healthy peas. Tweety will be happy, replicated plots, info put together with help from U of S. Asked for funding from pulse growers first year, turned him down. Did it on The Racks dime. Very interesting findings. Huge yields on some of his UYM customer fields.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Ok, found it. Cameron states they would like to have their own "holdings"....about 15,000 acres.

Vertical integration?

Also states they estimate only about 5000 acres of organic peas are being grown now.

Find it here: Verdient Foods-Diving into the details CTV Local News Stories

Oscar-winning Hollywood director James Cameron was in the heart of the Prairies Monday, pushing protein from plants and suggesting people eat less meat or dairy.

SLOW LOADING!!!!
              under the current environment, they could never grow their own peas cheap enough vs buying them from farmers. with a large business like theirs, the overhead would be too high (labour costs, safety restrictions, etc).

Comment

Maybe they could get the government to give them enough land.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...