• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I become a Hutterite colony?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've spent lots of time on a colony - swathing, baling, packing silage and sometimes just visiting. The favours I did helping them out when they needed an extra hand were always returned when I needed help the most. They were good neighbours and friends, hard working farmers and decent people. Judging by the ignorant, prejudiced comments you have made on this post you're obviously the one that doesn't know much about Hutterites.

Comment

That's nice grass lots of neighbours helping neighbours goes on in westcdnag. This thread was supposed to be about tax/business structures not an attack on the character of hutterites. I am sure there is all kinds just like any group

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
        That's nice grass lots of neighbours helping neighbours goes on in westcdnag. This thread was supposed to be about tax/business structures not an attack on the character of hutterites. I am sure there is all kinds just like any group
        That's a rather strange comment to direct towards me given that most of the posts on this thread have been attacking the character of Hutterites and i've been the one defending their character.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          I've spent lots of time on a colony - swathing, baling, packing silage and sometimes just visiting. The favours I did helping them out when they needed an extra hand were always returned when I needed help the most. They were good neighbours and friends, hard working farmers and decent people. Judging by the ignorant, prejudiced comments you have made on this post you're obviously the one that doesn't know much about Hutterites.

Our experience has been mostly good as far as neighbours go, they are great friends and we know we can count on them when we need them. That is not to say that all our experiences have been possitive but we've had worse neighbours such as one who pulled out the section pins to gain a few acres - 75 year old multi-millionaire bachelor. Just saying!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            Our experience has been mostly good as far as neighbours go, they are great friends and we know we can count on them when we need them. That is not to say that all our experiences have been possitive but we've had worse neighbours such as one who pulled out the section pins to gain a few acres - 75 year old multi-millionaire bachelor. Just saying!
            Our hutterite neighbours have been good to. They don't spray us out and they don't try and farm on our side of the line. Just wish I could get a tax scheme going like they have.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...