• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Shutdown

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Shutdown

Curious if anyone was shutdown due to rain tonight....was pretty dark south of us.

Havent turned a wheel here in over a week.

Comment

Under some cloud that radar says should be giving us .1 mm per hour. More like .1 mm per day.
      Still grindin'

Comment

Your in a drought so we re not counting that 1 mm anyway. Or are we grassy or saskfarmer can you clarify if we are please?? Hahahaha

Comment

Called it a night when guys started going wrong way down swaths and spilling grain etc. Nothing overnight were down to the last third. All Canola so if it rains good.

Dryer will be cleaned out today and ran to make sure all is working and then if needed we go hard.

its so painful watching the strait guys crawl and do a 80 acre piece and we do 320 acres. Yes I'm buying more swathers and having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            Called it a night when guys started going wrong way down swaths and spilling grain etc. Nothing overnight were down to the last third. All Canola so if it rains good.

Dryer will be cleaned out today and ran to make sure all is working and then if needed we go hard.

its so painful watching the strait guys crawl and do a 80 acre piece and we do 320 acres. Yes I'm buying more swathers and having fun.
            Hey SF3, you were watching me across the valley. Wow hard to chew the straight canola this year, glyposate did very little. Just the way the plant shut down I think. Finally yesterday on the last 30 ac I got up to the same speed I was picking swaths.
            I will keep swathing, but I know to straight cut in the right years. 15 years of straight cutting canola, this had to be the slowest. But it is done. Nice to get on to flax last night at a normal speed.

Comment

We will still take the section and a half to two sections again next year. Probably not the Pioneer but definitely the 233. A few north of the valley decided to call it a year and swath on the weekend. We took ours to 98% colour change and knocked it down. Love the stuff for that reason. No panic anymore for the swather crew. Nice and easy and funny they make a better job swathing when their not rushed.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

its so painful watching the strait guys crawl and do a 80 acre piece and we do 320 acres.
                Never knew sexual orientation has a lot to do with harvest, But, well good for you SF3, it obviously has 4x the benefits.

Comment

Funny tweety.

Regina it's slow wiper rain.

For us looks like blocking pattern is holding

Comment

Made it to 30% done, I would expect the area about the same. Wheat got down to 19 /20 yesterday. Raining now, expecting another soaker of an inch over the next three days. We've ran on dry grain one day so far.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                      Made it to 30% done, I would expect the area about the same. Wheat got down to 19 /20 yesterday. Raining now, expecting another soaker of an inch over the next three days. We've ran on dry grain one day so far.
                      Much the same here north east of LLoyd. Our wheat was 17 to 18 yesterday, Barley oats still lots of green. Supposed to rain an inch and some next 3 days.

Here's hoping it won't be even worse then last year.

Comment

It's holding for some strange reason combines are rolling

Comment

300 ac canola left and shot of rain this morning.
                          Would have finished today and kissed this drought yr good bye.

Comment

Tweety hope you guys get some dry weather. We are not that far away really and it's amazing the difference this year .
                            We had most wheat done by the end of August , but you go 20 miles west and there is almost a line where the rains went earlier this year . Lots of crop out west of that line

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...