• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese brome

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese brome

What are guys using to kill it I have been using simplicity in cereals and assure ll in other crops but not happy with results this year. I realize it may just be the year but I'm curious what others are doing.

We had a problem with Japanese brome on a field that we always seeded early and the bulk of the weed seemed to miss the roundup spray. In 2016 we used Treflan on the field (liquid put through the sprayer) and seeded barley (no in crop grass choices for brome at all). Was very happy with results. We hadn't used Treflan for 25 years before this but expect to use it more to take the heat off off some of the post emerg sprays and add another group.

Comment

We have different brome grass I presume ours is Bromus diandrus and B. rigidus.

This may help https://grdc.com.au/resources-and-publications/grdc-update-papers/tab-content/grdc-update-papers/2013/02/brome-and-barley-grass-management-in-cropping-systems-of-southern-Australia

Mostly we use imazypic and imazpyr post emergence in problem paddocks dirt cheap now days.

Brome has become a ever increasing problem since no till farming took off basically around 2000 cultivation of land is rare and brome thrives

Comment

We've been putting trifluralin down in fall to help, along with Simplicity and Assure. We've been doing some once every 2 years for a number of years. Seems to take until the second time with trifluralin (in zero till) to start seeing near 100% control. Uphill battle, but none of these weeds seem to be getting any easier to kill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...