• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting tired of the whining

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting tired of the whining

I am getting a little tired with all the whining and crying over how bad things are. I notice a few on here and I will not name names because I am not that type of person. Everybody whines and cries over how wet they are at seeding or how dry it was this summer bit if you still pull off 50+ hrsw or 40+ canola or 80+ barley or any yield that grosses you over $400/acre, (cover your ears if you are sensitive) please SHUT THE F*** UP with the complaining.

Ouch....I started erasing some of my posts....lol.
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 14, 2017, 07:44.

Comment

Exactly so. Also take a look around. Canada is the best place in the world to live.

Comment

Binthere, we can debate canada's direction but at the monent its a pretty good place. This was more to the guys complaining when there are guys that will have hardly anything to sell and struggle to get by. We are fortunate and will do alright this year but the constant whining and then post yields I would gladly take especially on a drier year just drives me nuts.

Comment

Ha ha ha your buddy Trudeau will take us back to what our relatives left in Europe. Greatest country in world my ass

Comment

Wheat mid to high thirties to one quarter high forties.
            Canola and Peas.... high twenties
            Flax....19,,, maybe 20.

There's my bragging, er complaining, for the season on about 2.5 inches of rain in the second week of June and basically nothing after that..... and still waiting.

I'm trying not to think about next year!

Edit:...ooops forgot to mention the third of an inch in the first week of Aug that was basically too late and too little to do much good for most of our crop.
            Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 14, 2017, 08:06.

Comment

Like I said SF3, I dont like the direction we are headed but when you go out to your farm and can do whatever you want with no worries, it seems ok for now.

Comment

Farma, its sounds like we farm similiar land. It is variable at best.

Comment

Rain in the right amount can be the great equalizer between land quality. We did fantastic last year for the type of soil we have. You win some you lose some... hope to average out in the long run.

Comment

Well being it's a marketing site ...we could be talking weekly export sales from Canada but it's not a mandatory requirement of grain cos. ...it's a well guarded secret. ....as is railway and port info....none of our business....

But don't forget to report the farmers weekly progress....

Is that the whining you are talking about....

Comment

But how long can we go out and do what we want on our own land. That's what scares the hell out of me. Losing my land to a useless PM and his stupid ways.

Comment

Very few farmers are ever Happy.
                        Considering the wet spring we are VERY happy with crop..
                        We all take our turn at not having a good yr.

Comment

No Bucket, the whining I am tired of is the hypocrits that complain about conditions all year and then pull off good yields.

I dont like the non-transparentcy of the grain industry either but unless you are willing to pad the pocket of the govt in control to get your way then I guess you are SOL.

Comment

I love winning oh hell spell checking ****ed ip again! Not

Comment

SF3, I would think you have some time before you need to really worry about an issue like that. The one you will have to worry about is moving it to your kids. If in the timeframe you do it the laws have changed you just might have less to retire on. Maybe third floor of the time share instead of sea floor level (just kidding).

Farma, rain is the life blood of a crop. We need a regualar dose for most of our land. Will not curse the rain after this year.

Partners, as long as you can still operate the next year I think its been a good year. You definately would like a few good ones along the way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...