• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding water to Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No the only problem is that we're not being compensated for this. I don't do it but should be.

Comment

There can be a lot of money blending tough and dry grain (paper drying) that money used to come back to farmers through reducing costs and dividend cheques. Now that isn't the case guys are looking at ways to profit at home.

IMHO Modernization of the Grain Act was a joke and clearly a ploy to take money from farmers and cover CGC over runs. So I guess it worked to the tune of 100 mil until they got caught.

Comment

I still look in on here, We still get moisture bonuses of 1% , we get oil and admix bonus deductions too oil can really add up.

Here are the details.

QUALITY STANDARD: UK grown oilseed **** of Good Merchantable Quality, suitable for oil extraction under the terms of the FOSFA 26A contract applicable at time
        of delivery. As at 31st May 2006 the Standards, Premiums and Deductions were as follows:

OIL BASIS 40% Premium of 1.5% of contract price for each 1% over 40%
        Penalty of 1.5% of contract price for each 1% under 40%

MOISTURE BASIS 9% MINIMUM 6% Premium of 1% of contract price for each 1% under 9% down to 6%
        Penalty of 1% of contract price for each 1% over 9% up to 10%

Buyer has the right to reject a parcel with over 9% or under 6% moisture content

ADMIXTURE BASIS 2% MAXIMUM 4% Premium of 1% of contract price for each 1% under 2% down to zero
        Penalty of 2% of contact price for each 1% over 2% up to 3%
        Penalty of 4% of contract price for each 1% over 3% up to 4%
        Buyer has the right to reject a parcel with over 2% admixture content

Comment

Likely the easiest way to increase your moisture is to combine some canola at 12% (if possible) and store it in aeration with fans running.

Blend it with 6% canola.....grain terminals will paper blend.

Comment

I think IanBen has the solution! Where is the canola council or do they only go to bat for the other team?

Comment

exactly big lentil! Where is apeass and the rest? Where are our mps and mla
              s in the rural areas?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...