• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit of a Spike in prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a Spike in prices

My local patch of mixed farming land say 70% crop 30% livestock but some going all out for crops other more stock less crop depends on passion attitude lots of things. 30 to 45 bushel wheat 1sheep and lamb to 2 acres, canola 20 to 25 bushels you've heard this all before from me. 14 inch reliable rainfall.

2 years ago 300 to 500 per acre.

This year thus far bare land no fences no improvements $600 for blue ribbon country $350 for almost unarable tough as nails grazing country but grows good feed.

Whilst I was away a "secret" tender process went out with 3 week time frame to 6 select farmers and another local farm this time with good improvements but frosty area wait for it definitely $800 maybe as high as $840 wowza.

And a sheep farmer bought it across the road returns from sheep and wool and lamb are in the stratosphere.

Farm was around 15 to 1600 acres.

PS I wouldn't have tendered if I had the chance ive got enough at present but sometimes down the track oh I should have bought that land but no regrets in missing out.

Flip side all of a sudden I'm worth more on paper double flip side geez it makes it hard for young guys trying to have a crack at starting farming, same the world over.

All hail to low interest rates and great livestock wool and grain prices well 3 out 4 anyway
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Sep 13, 2017, 15:15.

Land prices still going up in Aussieland just like here eh? Obviously there is no other opportunity there either. Main reason farmers farm: nothing else to do.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...