• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soy Yields will they get their seedback. NO! Just like Justin its just not Ready!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soy Yields will they get their seedback. NO! Just like Justin its just not Ready!

Soy has had a very hard year in Canada.

First a cool cold start, Some seeded a little to early it might of worked before but this year was different.

Second the Iron problem that it had to grow out of that took the crop weeks behind.

Two rain events all summer and heat then the Missed the big rain in August.

Soy loves rain in August as the seeds grow so nice and big.

Then the cool nights and funny how the crop started to shut down in some areas after the first shot of cold air.

The second all Soy crops said F$%K it were done for the year.

So early yields on early soy from a area that got more rain than us and had early season varieties and one august rain.

First field 21.

Second 24.

Thats with rain in august.

local fields are almost done but by looks of pods and seed and rest i would guess 12 to 18.

Next year country.

I think ill grow them again in 2020.Little five year sabbatical.

What are others seeing.

Oh the two above fields were by a long term grower and they give it the 50 lbs phos it needs.

Lat night we pulled a few plants just north of Pilot Butte. The 1/2 was all soybean. You could easily see a gopher run through. Surprisingly, there were about 14 skinny pods per plant with two beans in each pod. There were about 6 plants per square foot. An acre has 44,000 square feet so what will the yield be? My guess is 12-18 bushels but seeds are small and many pods are touching the ground.

Comment

You will lose the low hangers and the top might blow out the back.
      10 to 15

Comment

This reminds me of the chickpea stampede in the 80's.

Some guys put in a fair lot of soybeans this year

Comment

Funny how some people trashed canola a few years back and Soybean was the next king !! Lol
          Guess just depends what's the flavour of the day .
          Soybean yields here will be decent .
          Not going to take over the world but still may be a fit , time will tell .
          Peas went 30-40 here , more 30's than 40's for sure .
          If beans do the same ..... we will see .
          They will be ready when the weather is in this area .
          They do need late summer moisture , absolutely.
          I have a question . What were pea yields like in those areas that had poor soybeans? Just curious is all .

Comment

I loved growing Soy it has a place but it's just not ready. Pea yield Av 45 best crop 57 on peas

Comment

Drought ?? Lol

Comment

There are some ****ing wrecks here(some management related) and some don't look just too bad.

If and when I start growing these things, I will leave them off our lightest land.

Comment

If peas went 50 and soy going 18 same area there are some other issues I would suspect. But ya that dam drought only 50 peas how's a guy to go on?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Drought ?? Lol
                    He only said crop was ALMOST out of moisture.give him a break he does not know what a drought is.

Comment

Just wait till he gets into canola, and starts on how bad it is from the drought. The poor dirt running 45, the good dirt 57, you poor thing. I don't think I would ever want you to have a drought, an actual drought, like I went through along with many others. We would never hear the end of it!!
                      Personallly I'm sick of hearing how "bad" things are for you!!

Comment

I am just ribbing him a bit lol

Comment

Sorry, I'm not!!!!!!!

Comment

I know bigzeeand that's why your a dick.

I said no rain for 45 days boys and it happened in July and yes it had me worried but all the excess rain I talked about gave a crop. You laughed when I said it was so wet. I guess all that water payed off. F$&k give a guy a break.

Comment

U bring it on yourself SF3. Beans will be average here. 20 to 45 would be most fields in this area. Some wrecks but most will make money. Just like any new crop its a learning process.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...