• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organic wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organic wheat

Organic. Not input-less

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170912_103939.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	777719Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170911_111450.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	777720Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170912_104102.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	777721Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170912_104327.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	777722Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170912_104110.jpg
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	777723

Looks good. Do it 2 years in a row and your on to something.

Comment

That looks very good.
      Local reports of 60-80 bpa #1 high protein hard red spring wheat on very little rain. Proof that it pays to fertilize and spray. Dont close your account at the local input suppliers.

Comment

Yes I can tell that's organic.. Go spew bullshit elsewhere Klause. Almost comical.

Comment

woah think someone took shit pills this morning.....

I eyeballed it and walked it and discussed with klause there is no misnomer

organic or even orgasmic when I thought of potential yield

ps not into organics myself so don't misconstrue me as a true believer

jump in your truck and go for a looksee guys if its wet

Comment

Looks good Klause, I'd be interested to know the whole recipe to get there but wouldn't blame you for not posting here! Looks like you need a few days yet, hope you get through the cold spell this week.

Comment

Certified Organic?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Certified Organic?
                I think he said before that he would probably never certify. Its all in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Super cool Klause. Good organic farming starts with a great farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    Super cool Klause. Good organic farming starts with a great farmer.
                    There is sarcasm somewhere in that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                      There is sarcasm somewhere in that statement.
                      No there isn't.

Comment

Once again organic doesn't mean without fertilizer.

Also N can come from a lot of places... Not just synthetic fertilizer... And with regulatory and tax changes coming synthetic N fertilizers will get way more expensive.

Healthy soil is the most important thing. Soils aren't very healthy these days and I can prove it. Pretty blatantly obvious actually.

As far as pulses not being able to supply more N than they use... Well that's actually been disproven internationally but in Canada there's a vested interest to keep you using more and more fert and fungicides because almost all research is market driven and that which isn't gets buried.

U of S has a huge collection of past and active research on soil microbiology that's published and followed all over the world - except here.

I'm not the only one figuring this out... Talk to the guy behind the CleenSeed machine... Commercial farm uses next to no fungicide and very little N... Intercropping.

The US is moving into cover crops finally.... Killing all plant species but the one your growing isn't healthy. If weeds don't go to seed they cause 0 harm let things stay green or plant raddish clover rye or lentils. Keep the ground covered and growing something like nature does.

There's thousands of pages on research showing commercial fungicides are patches for a bigger problem... Pretty simple if some of us have never lost a crop to fuzz or root rots maybe we're onto something?

I'm not saying fungicides are always bad... You need them for lentils if it's wet. Or peas if they get infected.

But fungicides kill a lot of beneficial soil microbes.

So do some herbicides... Glyphosate is an awesome and safe tool but over use causes major destruction in soil systems.

Comment

Well done Klause and well said in that last post .
                          Some have been extremely hypnotized by the chem , fert and machinery players in western Canada - that's what is laughable .

Comment

Amen Klause

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Well done Klause and well said in that last post .
                              Some have been extremely hypnotized by the chem , fert and machinery players in western Canada - that's what is laughable .
                              I agree with Klause's insights and action.
                              Judging from the length and number of grain bags in this area, the high input farmers are laughing all the way to the bank. They are consistently growing huge crops, its hard to stop being an efficient high volume profitable entity. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...