• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunset 🌅

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunset 🌅

Or just after , dust haze ...
    Could be one of the last dry nights in a long while... stay safe tonight

The sun is setting at about 7:10 PM. Seems too early😪

Comment

We had great harvest conditions, but I won't miss that dry canary dust. No offense to anyone not finished but I'm ready for the rain.
      Last edited by biglentil; Sep 11, 2017, 22:02.

Comment

Wouldn't this be a beautiful sunset if it wasn't a sunrise...lol.

Harvest safe folks.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

We had great harvest conditions, but I won't miss that dry canary dust. No offense to anyone not finished but I'm ready for the rain.
          Hey BL...Are the "bitchless" varieties really any better and is it true they yield less than the old hairy varieties.

I only grew that stuff twice...the first year it yielded pretty darn good and was easy to harvest. So I doubled my acres the next year...well!!, it yielded half as much and was twice as hard to put through the combine...like combining barbed wire....never grew it since.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1642.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	765993

Last night as we start the last half section of HRS.

Then Canola.

Have one combine down as fancy chopper had a issue. The part won't arrive till wednesday. I may as well drove to edmonton and back faster than Deere. Parts are not happening like they use to.

See it doesn't matter if you sit its your problem not the companies.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	765994

Only super dry uncured canola left here and so wouldn't mind a bit of rain. In the same breath a guy has to be careful............."careful what you wish for"!!!!!

Comment

That is true redleaf , it is a catch 22 sometimes.
                Going to spend the day doing wheat and pea pot holes before "rains" . They backed off a fair bit on the amount but who knows . Looks like more to the SE

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Hey BL...Are the "bitchless" varieties really any better and is it true they yield less than the old hairy varieties.

I only grew that stuff twice...the first year it yielded pretty darn good and was easy to harvest. So I doubled my acres the next year...well!!, it yielded half as much and was twice as hard to put through the combine...like combining barbed wire....never grew it since.
                  Never tried the bitchless variety supposedly low yielding and no price premium. Canaryseed is for the birds!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...