• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malt-what everbody has ain't worth having

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malt-what everbody has ain't worth having

Premiums for malt over feed are not appealing at present. Looks like the cattle will have something to eat after all

Well what do you expect?
    Beer is so cheap they can't keep subsidizing us to grow barley for beer they are losing money on.

Comment

Malt is an interesting beast.

They only ever take the best barley that is out there in a given year.

On a low quality year they will malt barley that is only really feed quality. On a year like this one where most of it is malt quality we are going to be feeding a lot of malt barley.

You'll probably see them take most of what guys have on production contracts and then top up with only the best of non-contract malt barley.

Premium values will likely be down considerably as the pool to pull from is now one of the biggest in a number of years.

Comment

I have grown and been accepted, malt barley for a while now.
        Am considering this year my last for a while.
        For a dozen different reasons, some of which may be unique to me.
        But obviously there is too much of it grown. The politics of selling it proves it.

Comment

Copeland under 4 dollars at vittera..what a insult.

Comment

How about states side? Is the money any better down there?

Comment

Is every grain company ànd malt house the same price? Does it pay to shop around?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...