• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmm full moon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm full moon

NW wind for 5 days straight now overnight low by morning at plus 2
    Hopefully not yet . Crops north of here need more time

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    NW wind for 5 days straight now overnight low by morning at plus 2
    Hopefully not yet . Crops north of here need more time
    Yup. yesterday, today and tomorrow in the low twenties....nice break from furnace, but the wind can **** off!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Yup. yesterday, today and tomorrow in the low twenties....nice break from furnace, but the wind can **** off!
      Portions of the peace river and Edmonton areas took their first frost this morning. Cold overnight temps expected again tonight as well

Comment

Minus 1 here.

Comment

Enviro Canada says 2, Weather Network says 5 and that site from Norway says 8. So with canola still standing I am cheering for the people from Norway to be right.

Comment

Unfortunately I've found temperature is the weakness of the YR.NO site. They are very good at predicting precipitation but less so when it involves frost, windchill or humidex.

Comment

In the morning I will post the temp so we know who the winner is.

Comment

Cold temperature and potentially a frost warning in the midwestern usa.

This could really have an impact on the markets, corn and soybeans in Iowa and Illinois are not even close to mature.

Comment

Harvest moon reaches fullness September 6 @ 3:02 EST. Say it's not related to cold temps.

Comment

Frost everywhere at our place this morning west of Edmonton. Saving grace was heavy dew before freezing so nothing got damaged. Checked some canola and it's still got flowers where we disced in last years wheat this spring. It'll either be 40 bu or 0. Sure glad I maxed out the crop insurance this year..... might need it yet.

Comment

Shes clear to the west for as far as the eye can see. Big bright white moon and i have my winter jacket on while I type this. Ive got a bad feeling about the next 11 hrs.

Comment

We're out of the woods, on this patch of dirt in the Slum of the Ghetto. Frost would be a non issue(for us). Just got into the flax today. Dry seed and some green stems. Thinner than my patience "most" days!
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 4, 2017, 20:47.

Comment

It will freeze I said it last week get ready it's a dry year and full moon it will be over tonight.

Swing and a miss for soybeans they died last week when it got cold,

Comment

We seem to be the coldest so far , already at 5

Comment

Appears we dodged the frost here and now hot days ahead in the forecast.

Hopefully everyone was spared.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...