• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labor day

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Checking....I am trying to make it more than just lip service....left a pretty lucrative career because I was one getting "full of myself" and doing things I thought I would never do....and could see it. I am trying to do the "right" thing....not just the profitable thing. That is why I have a small farm, where I was proud and happy to raise my kids, but it is not "profitable" compared to other things I have done. But the "profit" is in seeing what my adult kids have developed into and their character. Involved in many "non profit" roles, church, music events, chairs of a couple of groups....all that take a lot of time, but pay nothing, other than the reward of people and accomplishments....much to the bewilderment of a very rich partner and friend.
    Just deleted a long story of investment and results...doesn't really matter.....now investments are things I can see and feel....they are assets that may go up or down in price, but not paper...not someone else's management. Have some assets I would like to sell, however I cannot come to grips with where to put the money, because even solid investments such as banks...I don't like what they are doing, so yes, I have an issue with how to invest ethically, I don't want to be part of the problem....however, I do want to do what is "right."

Comment

Pgluca is absolutely correct on this one. A good thing has now developed self preservation. Pre war strikes are still used in union get togethers today.
      Large employers have and continue to do it to themselves. Some are real chiseling bastards. But would i hire some of the union shits ive listened to? Couldnt.

Comment

The example of the need for unions in the coal mines at Estevan may be in the past but the reality is there are currently many workers around the world working in various countries who have similar or worse working conditions. Child labour and slavery are still used to produce some products we consume.

We really don't need high paid labour to do a lot of the jobs. Multinationals can go anywhere the wages and working conditions are lower and earn bigger profits selling the goods and services back to high income consumers in Canada. But that is the way the free market is supposed to work. Export the jobs. Goodbye auto manfacturing.

Comment

Don't compare Canada working conditions to third world countries , that just has no bearing what so ever here .
          Look what unionized labour did to Greece 🇬🇷. If unions get too carried away they can ruin a whole country.

Comment

GO RIDERS.... oops wrong Labour Day.

Dammit...they're even spelled different!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              GO RIDERS.... oops wrong Labour Day.

Dammit...they're even spelled different!
              Bombers forgot there was a Labour Day classic. 😂

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...