• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dow and dupont merger completed, one less seed and chem competitor

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dow and dupont merger completed, one less seed and chem competitor

I saw this news earlier today and it triggered me to make a post on her. I usually just like to watch the excitement, or excrement on av.
    this maybe good for the company shareholders but I don't think it is good for anyone else in agriculture.
    next up monsanto and bayer.
    I think I am really going to look for new suppliers, maybe try to work with some of the smaler companies.
    do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions, I don't like where this is heading.
    be safe during harvest.

It's time to stock up on some more lube. Oh but wait Justin will save us with another tax. Jeez I must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed I'm a bit bitchy today.

Comment

Originally posted by theplowboy View Post
      I saw this news earlier today and it triggered me to make a post on her. I usually just like to watch the excitement, or excrement on av.
      this maybe good for the company shareholders but I don't think it is good for anyone else in agriculture.
      next up monsanto and bayer.
      I think I am really going to look for new suppliers, maybe try to work with some of the smaler companies.
      do you guys have any thoughts or suggestions, I don't like where this is heading.
      be safe during harvest.

Across d border boys!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
        Got a letter in the mail informing me of the merger !

As if I care !
        Market consolidation isn't generally good for consumers. Lack of "real competition" hardly exists as it is in certain sectors.

Comment

But is there really any competition? Fert prices all close..grain prices are pennies apart from most company's..gas prices same at all pumps..
          They all have a beer together each day or week to plan to screw consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
            But is there really any competition? Fert prices all close..grain prices are pennies apart from most company's..gas prices same at all pumps..
            They all have a beer together each day or week to plan to screw consumers.
            You thinking we should get together and market to them as a single unit? What about by pass them and market to end user ourselves and just pay them for handling?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...