• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protien in Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
    What are the solutions?
    .....third party grading. KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE!!! Relying on the party whose buying your product to tell you what it is never sat well with me. Not saying you can't get a good deal from them, its just kinda a weird thing to do. It would be like going to a restaurant and telling them what you are going to pay for the meal based on how good you thought it was!

Comment

Will protein discounts and premiums increments equal each other?

Comment

I am not picking sides at all but what if this was the scenerio. You take the wheat to the 3rd party amd they say 13.8px for example. Then you all to the elevator and they get 14.5px. Are you going to say, woah its only 13.8 so your machine is out. I should only be paid on 13.8 as per 3rd party sample. Could happen and I bet you would not say a thing. Just one side to the argument.

Comment

well that's not what I was getting at at all . guy who checked my wheat is a straight shooter . it is low px , surprising on a dry year

Comment

4G.... as I said, not saying you can't get a good deal from them compared to the third party grade. Although I would think the px machines should all be within an acceptable range.

This year should be easier to both buy and sell grain! I doubt the graders, merchants and grain reps like dealing with poorer quality grain any more than the producers who grew it!

Comment

Grain terminal staffing could be reduced by 30% if a simplified grading system was in place.
              Protein
              Moisture
              Falling number

Etc

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                One pail of wheat the neighbor had ranged from 13.6-15.3
                Here we go again
                They are supposed to be calibrated to CGC problem is no one is monitoring.
                Secondly human error is rampant should have a pronter on them for a paper trail.
                IE Machine is set on wrong product. Read the moist instead of PX. Someone couldn't read others scribble on piece of scrap paper so guessed when entering.
                Oh but for $50 CGC will do it for you.

Comment

Perhaps a printed ticket, scale weights etc
                  40 % fewer staff

Comment

Started titanium today..number 1..12.2 pro from first load.
                    Combines easy..yield so far is farms best..

Comment

This is what I sent to my seed grower buddy where we bought the plentiful....
                      He wanted to know how it was compared to the Brandon
                      Overall it's a nice wheat , and good dis resistance

Comment

protein down here because of big yields. we usually see 14-15% most years, this year in the high 12's to 13.5%

Comment

Have grown Stettler as our commercial wheat because of higher protein, yield and good stand ability & seed quality, it has been a very solid performer for us for a number of years. We have Brandon and Eli as pedigreed seed both looking good, they are all still in the field this year.

Comment

Just had time to check protein on Plentiful
                            It's .75 higher than Brandon on ave .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...