• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Politicians...... is there an app for that

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Politicians...... is there an app for that

Technology is a beautiful thing. You can replace a lot unproductive meaningless jobs with it. Bill Boyd being the most recent, the list of corrupt politicians must be nothing short of 10 miles long. Every time the population votes for change we end up with the same stupid shit where there's misappropriation of funds into private savings account. I'm sick and tired of this bullshit. It doesn't matter what flag is waved they are all the same. Now with technology today do we really need these dumb asses collecting a life long tax free pension after a short stint with summers off doing absolutely nothing but arguing in front of a camera to get donations ? Why don't they get replaced by an app that has a poll we can add ideas to or vote on? Think of the savings on a federal, provincial and Municipal level.... and what you are actually saying gets heard by EVERYONE! Obama got one thing right, free iPhone for errr body. It costs less in the short and long run and we end this bull shit of passing law inside of law and padding the politicians personally. Next election is more of the same if there's no real change. They don't pay tax, they are the elite 1%. Disclaimer, not my idea
    Last edited by macdon02; Sep 1, 2017, 00:56.

It's out of control because there are no consequences for them when they get caught. Get voted out big deal their families are now super rich set for life so who cares. When is re last time a crooked politician seen jail bars?
    Two different rules one for them and one for the rest of us.

Comment

I could be wrong but didn't the former mayor of Regina family do quite well with the west side development of Regina. ?

Personal gain to build the city around the airport....no on says boo....they see pretty new houses built on a slough bottom.

Boyd will walk away very wealthy and his irrigation will still go ahead....

Tappauf will sell out for a million a quarter. ....they used the 6 million from the GTH land deal to start this irrigation scheme. ...no police or auditor will figure that out....

Comment

Tappaufs don't need the $6 million to start anything. The group of brothers own well over 100,000 acres plus multi multi millions in commercial real estate. This is just an everyday transaction for them.

Comment

I really can't decide if the problem is that we compensate politicians too well, or too poorly. Pay them better, and maybe we could attract better quality people away from productive businesses, and they MAY not see the need to be so corrupt if they are adequately compensated. Imagine you have to put your regular business or career on hold for an indefinite period of time to run for office, with no guarantee of winning, or continuing beyond the next election cycle, that risk requires compensation. Most ambitious honest people aren't willing to risk that.

As for replacing politicians, every tax form should come with a series of services, with a price for each. I get to decide what services and programs I support, and my tax bill reflects those choices. If I don't support public libraries, then I don't get to use them without a pay per use fee. Quickly find out how many supposedly liberal minded people are willing to put their money where their mouth is, as opposed to someone else's money.

Comment

And Trudeau's feminist cabinet has FOUR MP's now charged with sexual harassing women.
            The MP in Calgary even tried to pay off the victim to keep her mouth shut. Time to clean house.

Kill off the pension plans for all politicians, they should be required to pay into a private investment and earn their retirement like someone in the private sector.
            Limit living allowances, salaries.
            Limit MP's to 2 terms to eliminate career politicians.

Comment

[QUOTE=Oliver88;354435]And Trudeau's feminist cabinet has FOUR MP's now charged with sexual harassing women.
              The MP in Calgary even tried to pay off the victim to keep her mouth shut. Time to clean house.

Kill off the pension plans for all politicians, they should be required to pay into a private investment and earn their retirement like someone in the private sector.
              Limit living allowances, salaries.
              Limit MP's to 2 terms to eliminate career politicians.[/QUOT
              wonder why Lisa laflamme not going on about that very newscast?? that sicko in Calgary ??

Comment

After reading everyone's thoughts maybe eliminating the Senate for starters with a taxpayer having a voice. Nothing gets past the people paying the bill without their consent. Keep slashing from there. The sober second thought comes from the guy footing the bill. We don't need Duffy's and Wallen's

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...