• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clubroot

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubroot

Great...Clubroot is now confirmed north west of North Battleford....seems to be a matter of time.

It's been in western Sask a few years

Comment

This fall someone came and took a soil sample to check for clubroot here In the Slum of the Ghetto. They called the RM looking for a list of people who would take part. I hope there's nothing here.

I asked if they test for aphanomyces....different department/group.

Comment

I believe the clubroot in wc sask was on a field that had never had canola before on a farm that had never grown canola.

Some theories are that it came from contaminated farm equipment or more likely oilfield equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
          Some theories are that it came from contaminated farm equipment or more likely oilfield equipment.
          Pipeline coming through here starting next fall..... they say they're pretty vigilant. I think they even test the soil before they go through to cover their ass in case any is found and it was there before they got here.

I can't imagine any amount of "sanitization" would be fool proof.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Pipeline coming through here starting next fall..... they say they're pretty vigilant. I think they even test the soil before they go through to cover their ass in case any is found and it was there before they got here.

I can't imagine any amount of "sanitization" would be fool proof.
            They wash before every RM very serious ordeal as they must even collect all the wash water. Pricey I was told.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...