• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A weird practice around this district

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know you have to sign it. That is what I was asking here. Is it law? under what act? Who's idea was it?

As far as I can see it is only to protect elev and pass the buck on to farmers in case trouble arises.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
      Standard phi is 7 days.

I have no problem with pre harvest gly to straight cut.. but swathing that soon after spraying yikes... Imagine the residue. And why not wait till it's off then and spray?
      Do you honestly think that the residue somehow breaks down in 3 days vs 7, hell a year? It translocates to the seed in 30 minutes and guess what she doesnt evaporate

Comment

I see many in this are do the same, spray the crop then harvest in 3-5 days. I swathed all my wheat to speed up harvest, got a big jump on straight cutting. it was so dry here, didn't see any weeds in most quarters, just cracked dirt. if you do have some perennially issues why cant you go back after harvest and spray then? We deserve to have roundup banned, seems some farmers forget they are producing food, rather than a 'commodity'.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
          Standard phi is 7 days.

I have no problem with pre harvest gly to straight cut.. but swathing that soon after spraying yikes... Imagine the residue. And why not wait till it's off then and spray?
          So if it translocates to the roots in x number of days on green crop it can't relocate on ripe crop, so 80% of crop will have all the spray on the seed ??? right ???

Comment

We are too Busy Combining to take Time to Swath. Lol

Comment

There are max limits on gly rates for incrop. Pisses me off is some people think it doesn't Apply to them

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                So if it translocates to the roots in x number of days on green crop it can't relocate on ripe crop, so 80% of crop will have all the spray on the seed ??? right ???
                On the seed? There are these things on a wheat plants called glumes. AKA lemma, palea

Comment

Pisses me off some can't try and do things properly. Pre-harvest is a good tool and when done properly there are near zero residue issues. But we will lose this because of too early, too high a rate by 'farmers' that don't care or take the time to learn.

Comment

The.more variable your dirt is the harder it is to time the app. But not really....when the most immature spots are ready apply it...but the rest of the field will be long past the "too early" stage.

Don't abuse your "privilege".

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
                      On the seed? There are these things on a wheat plants called glumes. AKA lemma, palea
                      Goodness, don't bring science into this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                        That makes sense, dry plant = no trans locate to root. If plant is dead it is dead, nobody kills dead weeds, must be"actively growing", in fact this hard dry soil, low humidity = very stressed plants growing slow if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
                          Just a ? I really don't know.
                          If crop is ripe and dry when sprayed is there trace on kernals? Absorbed throgh glumes etc or is is undetectable through testing?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...