• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A weird practice around this district

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A weird practice around this district

Spray wheat

Wait 3 days

Swath it

Wait two days

Harvest

So.... Spraying gly for nothing and then take it off before the PHI

Um.... Thoughts?

Dontchya know they're cleaning up the fields!

Comment

That is strange, If we swath we do a post harvest as we can catch the late germinating winter annuals

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
        Spray wheat

Wait 3 days

Swath it

Wait two days

Harvest

Um.... Thoughts?

Two more months and we are gobbling the glypho up in our cinnamon buns - um-scrumpdeliicious!

Comment

[QUOTE=Klause;353919]Spray wheat

Wait 3 days

Swath it

Wait two days

Harvest

Keeping that land clean. Keeping those crops for seed? Cut it before it translocates into the seed?

Comment

When shit like that happens no wonder it's going to be banned for fall use.

Comment

Where would be the proper place to have this discussion. Yikes

If there was a reliable quick test...maybe it should be a grading factor....I can't believe I said that.

Comment

Its a better time to clean up Canada thistle and quack grass. Not the best time for dandelion, hawks beard or any other winter annuals that pop up between now and freeze up.

Comment

Seems there is no pre harvest interval for glyphosate on most crops, some pulses have seven day interval.
                  Buyers are free to set their own limits or disallow it altogether.
                  Agree that pre harvest glyphosate is reliable, economical and effective on many weeds.
                  Would hate to go back to intensive tillage to control thistles and quack grass.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Where would be the proper place to have this discussion. Yikes

If there was a reliable quick test...maybe it should be a grading factor....I can't believe I said that.
                    Not a quick test but there is a test. We sign a declaration based on sample the elev takes and keeps. Are you confident there is no Xcontamination or mix up in samples?

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
                      Seems there is no pre harvest interval for glyphosate on most crops, some pulses have seven day interval.
                      Buyers are free to set their own limits or disallow it altogether.
                      Agree that pre harvest glyphosate is reliable, economical and effective on many weeds.
                      Would hate to go back to intensive tillage to control thistles and quack grass.

Standard phi is 7 days.

I have no problem with pre harvest gly to straight cut.. but swathing that soon after spraying yikes... Imagine the residue. And why not wait till it's off then and spray?

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                        Not a quick test but there is a test. We sign a declaration based on sample the elev takes and keeps. Are you confident there is no Xcontamination or mix up in samples?
                        Not a chance....I've seen probe piping hundreds of feet long!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Not a chance....I've seen probe piping hundreds of feet long!

Who implemented those declarations and how would they stand up against samples in court. Not very well thought out I don't think but farmers keep signing them.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                            Who implemented those declarations and how would they stand up against samples in court. Not very well thought out I don't think but farmers keep signing them.
                            With more than all due respect. ...do you sign them, what choice do we have, and will they accept your grain with out signing one?

Comment

We've started keeping the overall samples for a while after delivery in case a dispute arises. Better than nothing to back yourself up! Kinda sad its come to this. No integrity?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...