• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This can't happen anymore

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pourfarmer View Post
    Can someone help me on this?

Seech lake contains approx 4675946505.603 liters of water. I arrived at that number from the following information which I found online:

Seech Lake is a natural lake that covers a surface area of 0.61 km2 (0.24 mi2), has an average depth of 4 meters (12 feet).

MSDS from syngenta says eco acute toxicity .24ppb.

What is the minimum amount of matador required to reach .24ppb in a water volume of 4675946505 litres?
    Seech lake is over according to locals is over 50 ft deep. Witnesses have stated the airplane did not spray over the lake

Comment

Gotta be more to this story then a bit of drift or swinging part of a spray boom over some swampy tributary of this lake.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
        Seech lake is over according to locals is over 50 ft deep. Witnesses have stated the airplane did not spray over the lake
        Average depth is 12ft. Meaning parts of it could very well be 50ft deep and other parts maybe 2 or 4 ft deep.

Comment

Originally posted by pourfarmer View Post
          Average depth is 12ft. Meaning parts of it could very well be 50ft deep and other parts maybe 2 or 4 ft deep.
          Sorry Google is wrong on this one

Comment

I doubt if onr lab would say it is Matador. They would identify it as a chemical name, not a companu name, sounds like bull crap to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              I doubt if onr lab would say it is Matador. They would identify it as a chemical name, not a companu name, sounds like bull crap to me.
              Agreed. The lab would identify the chemical, not the commercial name. This is where the news article goes sideways. They attached it to the commercial name Matador. I am more curious than ever how that chemical ended up in the lake. It may be something entirely different. I hope they find the source.

Comment

Have to agree sumdum - this story sounds fishy .
                Maybe the sorce of the story is a pot head smoking tree hugger wearing a toque in the middle of summer in 32 deg weather ???
                Just a guess

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Have to agree sumdum - this story sounds fishy .
                  Maybe the sorce of the story is a pot head smoking tree hugger wearing a toque in the middle of summer in 32 deg weather ???
                  Just a guess
                  Too funny furrow....but true all to often.

I was going to bring that up about using the trade/product name. The chemical name should have been used and the source is?????

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                    Sorry Google is wrong on this one
                    Ok, here is where I found the info:

https://www.lakepedia.com/lake/seech.html

"Seech Lake is a natural lake that covers a surface area of 0.61 km2 (0.24 mi2), has an average depth of 4 meters (12 feet). Seech Lake has a total shore line of 4 kilometers (2 miles). The lake, which sits at an elevation of 617 meters (2,025 feet), drains a whatershed that covers 2 km2 (0.77 mi2) and has a residence time of 12,472 days (35 years)."

Comment

Like I tell my mother, "don't eat it all up". So many people suck it all in, bull crap and all.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Like I tell my mother, "don't eat it all up". So many people suck it all in, bull crap and all.
                        Agreed. There are holes in the story. No chemical name, only a commercial product name. I am not eating it all up, but it sure sounds serious. If the chemical identified by Health Canada had it ls proper name publicized,people could dig deeper to see if it may actually occur naturally in a waterbody under the right conditions. Then we would have sensationalized fake news.
                        If not chemically possible in a water body then it goes back to pesticide use.

Comment

Who is going to dump enough "matador" into a lake to be a problem. The stuff is not free and last I checked farmers generally don't pay good money for something and dump it in a lake!
                          Last edited by Jay-mo; Aug 29, 2017, 21:36. Reason: spelling

Comment

Lambda-cyhalothrin is synthetic there is no way for it to be created in nature.

Did y'all ever think the reporter did some research? Lay people don't know what Lambda-cyhalothrin is but if you Google it matador comes up.

Plus matador sounds way less scary... So I think they did is a favour.

Comment

Maybe it leached outa some recycled drainage tile, made outa chemical jugs. Just joking! Someone f'd up im sure it was an accident. Overfilled a sprayer perhaps, but most likely inversion that wasn' t even noticed floated over the lake. Conditions have been ideal for inversion for last month or so. Notice the dust and mist hanging in the evenings. Lots just take the chance, some do not know about inversion. High baro pressure, large temp swings from daytime to evening, very low wind all very common lately. If air near the ground is warmer than the air at 6ft+ it very dangerous. Be careful out there.
                              Last edited by biglentil; Aug 30, 2017, 06:31.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...