• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fall fert. prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fall fert. prices

What are guys hearing for fall pricing, quoted 360 for 46-00 and 330 for 21-00-24 fines. Pay now, take now.

390 urea. 620 phos, 530 ESN, take and pay before Dec 31

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      390 urea. 620 phos, 530 ESN, take and pay before Dec 31
      Who is dumb enough to pay that kind of a premium for esn man the fert companies must laugh at farmers.

Comment

Some of us dumb I guess, any cheaper out there?

Comment

Worry when the environmentalists have caused enough waves to have "smart nitrogen" mandated.

Comment

.35 for anhydrous delivered to our tanks.

Comment

$235/mt 28-0-0 and $585/MT for 11-51-0. Delivered to yard.

Comment

I wonder if some guys in the driest areas are thinking how they are going to cover this year's expenses, let alone buy next year's fertilizer 9 month's in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  I wonder if some guys in the driest areas are thinking how they are going to cover this year's expenses, let alone buy next year's fertilizer 9 month's in advance.
                  yea it's the shits , but everyone still does it. one saving grace is that some of those dry areas have had crops that were stellar , an anomaly, for their area . I feel bad for the guys north of here that have missed three in a row to that relentless f$&king water .

Comment

We had enough rain events that there will be enough of a swath to shove a combine through it. That said, when I am doing plowdown with a Lemken, it is cutting 4 inches deep and its all dry l. I am going through all potholes and low spots, the old tractor doesnt change tone or rpm. I have reclaimed about 45 acres.
                    That said.......it can all change in a weather event. Usually 2 inches of rain over 5 days in September.......just after swathing.......we cant predict the future. I have sat idle many weeks in september in my career. I have also banded a lot of anhydrous listening to the world series on the radio. Its a crazy living.
                    Last edited by hobbyfrmr; Aug 23, 2017, 21:24.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                      Who is dumb enough to pay that kind of a premium for esn man the fert companies must laugh at farmers.
                      why not just use urea or nh3 a a fraction of the cost. Floating is a terribly inefficient way to apply #floatingSUCKs

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                        why not just use urea or nh3 a a fraction of the cost. Floating is a terribly inefficient way to apply #floatingSUCKs
                        Looks like you may just be a bit grumpy today! ESN is expensive, in theory has a purpose. It's all about timing. You can put more total n on using ESN and urea without crop going down. We've been using 30% in our blend to try and get a yield and protein bump through n release later in season without another application. All put down at seeding. Believe it to be worthwhile at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                          Looks like you may just be a bit grumpy today! ESN is expensive, in theory has a purpose. It's all about timing. You can put more total n on using ESN and urea without crop going down. We've been using 30% in our blend to try and get a yield and protein bump through n release later in season without another application. All put down at seeding. Believe it to be worthwhile at this point.
                          What do you find the protein results are for the later nitrogen release of ESN?

Comment

I'm hoping like hell some of this year's fert is there for next year... if this pattern holds next year's inputs by necessity will be way down. 0.35" in two "rains" in the last 53 going on 54 days.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              I'm hoping like hell some of this year's fert is there for next year... if this pattern holds next year's inputs by necessity will be way down. 0.35" in two "rains" in the last 53 going on 54 days.
                              Have faith(I'm not "religious") Helms. Hopefully one day the skies will open up and give you a good shot. I think there are alot of areas tapped out of reserve moisture. September can be a rainy pissy month... not always the best for harvest.... maybe this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...