• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scientists compare soil microbes in no-till, conventional tilling systems

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientists compare soil microbes in no-till, conventional tilling systems

https://phys.org/news/2017-08-scientists-soil-microbes-no-till-conventional.html

"This study led to a new hypothesis, that fungal communities are more influenced by changes in tillage, because they are responsible for degrading the crop residue left on the surface with no-till."

"Instead of relying on inputs like fungicides, can we manage disease by using rotation and other cultural techniques? Using the latest techniques, we can now look at the microbiome to begin defining and building soil health."

Yup , absolutely

Comment

Conventional tilling systems?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        Conventional tilling systems?
        Tillage prior to seeding, tillage after harvest to incorporate residue

Comment

Rotation is good?

Farmers don't give a crap. They just buy bigger faster sprayers to put on more and more. More fertilizer. More often. And grow wheat and canola on most of the acres.

Comment

How about this. You farm your farm and I'll farm mine. Why are some farmers always trying to manage someone else's farm?

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
              How about this. You farm your farm and I'll farm mine. Why are some farmers always trying to manage someone else's farm?
              News to me tweety farms?

Comment

Best crop, cleanest crop canola on canola...works for me

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...