• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for a call back from parts person.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for a call back from parts person.

So what is reasonable as far as wait time to be called back. I had a heated discussion today with two parts people. Apparently some parts departments feel that the sky is the limit if they have a customer in their building. I have been waiting for 11 days for a part after they screwed up on the first order from the US. I called and told the person that all i want to know is if it came in. Last Friday when they reordered they said it would be in today Monday. The call never came so finally i thought screw it. I will drive the 35 miles and see. Got there and still no call. When i walked in the place was completely empty of anyone but staff. When I gave my name the parts person says oh I was supposed to call you. I calmly said, If you guys dont have time just say so when farmer calls then we dont have to sit waiting. The head guy over heard this and we had a discussion on what was fair. Needless to say we disagreed.

I too an fed up with leaving messages for parts people, they very seldom ever phone back. There is no commisions anymore so there is no insentives to sell more parts. RME has a answering service and Hergotts does not. So guess who gets my buissness now.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
      I too an fed up with leaving messages for parts people, they very seldom ever phone back. There is no commisions anymore so there is no insentives to sell more parts. RME has a answering service and Hergotts does not. So guess who gets my buissness now.
      Careful BredWeiner, someone will accuse you of being hard to deal with and abusive to the people behind the counter.....that's why you don't get a call back. Apply lip balm and kiss ass....you'll get used to it and learn to like it. They hate to see me walk up to the counter because they don't like joking around and laughing!

Comment

Get the personal number of the parts and service manager.that is who we call after hrs..not the help line..always get answer and service.

Comment

Parts desks tend to be over staffed the majority of the year and understaffed during harvest. There are some great parts guys some not so great. Probably just like some customers. Some call in a mile long parts list with shitty descriptions, no serial numbers, no model years while standing in a wind storm.

Virtually every parts book is easily accessible whether its through an app or a pdf on manufacturers website. Its a hell of alot simpler and fool proof to provide parts numbers.

And yes it pisses me off when the parts are in and they dont call. Would be great if real time inventory was accessible on the Apps too.

Comment

Oh Im still waiting for the parts guy from Andres Trailer \sales in lethbridge to call me back from June.
            When he remembers to call me then maybe I'll consider buying another trailer from them until then theres lots of other dealers for that stuff.

Comment

Yea one time i phoned and they said they would call back right away after a half a hour i drove to the dealership and walked up to the guy that said he would call back. No one was at the dealership his face turned red and he said "oh **** if forgot to call" Yea he doesn't forget any more.

Comment

No call back complaints from the local Mazers parts department.

Comment

How do dealerships keep millions in machinery inventory and **** all for parts....

When they sell a combine the parts guys should be figuring out what common parts they should stock....

In other industries they supply a recommendation of spare parts.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    How do dealerships keep millions in machinery inventory and **** all for parts....

When they sell a combine the parts guys should be figuring out what common parts they should stock....

Agreed. Everybody knows each model, no matter the color, has common weaknesses/fail parts. With all the computers now, I am positive this can be recorded and have some kind of predictable pattern to make everyones life easier.
                    My diesel mechanic says the same thing about engines. They all have a common fail point. He will walk into a dealer parts twice in a week for the same repair on 2 of the same engine model and mysteriously they dont know what he is talking about so they go through the same dance steps over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Bucket, I'm sure the parent company does provide a recommended list of parts the dealers should be stocking for the equipment. I bet some dealerships like using the central parts warehouse as "their" parts inventory. "We have it, but it's not on my shelf", in other words, we can get it.

Time is of the essence during critical times of the year. Crisis is measured in hours not ****ing days!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        Bucket, I'm sure the parent company does provide a recommended list of parts the dealers should be stocking for the equipment. I bet some dealerships like using the central parts warehouse as "their" parts inventory. "We have it, but it's not on my shelf", in other words, we can get it.

Time is of the essence during critical times of the year. Crisis is measured in hours not ****ing days!
                        I can understand if they dont have the part I happen to need but for gods sake dont make me wait for fricking hours to tell me you dont have it or that the part that I ordered 11 days ago isnt in. Not much hope for change either when their main defence is that they are understaffed. Is that my fault and how am I suppose to remedy the dealerships business weaknesses. Then they wonder why you get upset. Geez

Comment

A good dealer, if they don't have the part you need, will do a inventory search of other dealers on their integrated computer inventory system.....if the other dealers aren't "hiding" the item from other dealers the ones searching will see it and should give you heads up. But with dealer consolidation. ..territories are getting bigger and you may have to drive further if the local dealer doesn't have stock of the part in their network of stores.

That is a sign of a good dealer helping you stay in the field!

Comment

In the online parts book for every make and model there is a recommended dealer parts list for all common wear parts. If your dealer is missing some or many of those parts in his inventory, he is a shitty parts man. I have had to deal with all makes of them and end up sourcing parts over the phone from all across Northern US and Canada. Trends become apparent. Agco has a lot of good dealers, very helpful and knowledgable parts and service staff. CaseIH/NH and JD are very much hit and miss. Few are exceptional and many are completely useless.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...