• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in the Slum of the Ghetto we must have done something right last spring..... our light dirt never blew. As I've said, there may have been some minor "dusting off" in the heavier gusts but nothing on a full out drifting problem. There won't be much residue from this years crop to content with next spring... might just do some select heavy harrowing. Excessive tillage has taken a huge toll on Ghetto land. Continuous cropping has done it real good...but then we never did suffer the extended extreme wet conditions some others did.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Here in the Slum of the Ghetto we must have done something right last spring..... our light dirt never blew. As I've said, there may have been some minor "dusting off" in the heavier gusts but nothing on a full out drifting problem. There won't be much residue from this years crop to content with next spring... might just do some select heavy harrowing. Excessive tillage has taken a huge toll on Ghetto land. Continuous cropping has done it real good...but then we never did suffer the extended extreme wet conditions some others did.
      In my area most guys harrow the heavy durum and canola stubble. Last fall I decided to not harrow because the straw was chopped so well. This spring I seeded between the rows of standing durum and canola. I have no different yield than my neighbors who harrowed. I'm staring to think the only time it's worth it is when we combine in wet conditions and can't chop the straw properly. Otherwise it might be a waste of time and money. I need to see a yield gain to continue harrowing here.

Comment

Preharvest Round-up is registered at 30% or less seed moisture on wheat, 3-5 days before you would swath. 1 REL would have acceptable residue limits, and not be an issue

Comment

And so it begins!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1110.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	765961

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...