• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stricken kernels guaranteed with warm weather coming up .
    What in the world are you spraying anything that green this time of year ??
    Seen a few samples of wheat combined here the past few day sprayed that green - not good

Comment

Must have got the wrong green picture there honestly that's not good.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1092.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	765960

You guys have no idea how crops grow, i really am starting to believe that.

This sample is from heads from that field picked last friday and in the house till last night. Fast dry down inside. Not stuff that will take 14 days to be ready to harvest that I'm spraying today.

If a frost happens next week this will still grade a two or better. The rest won't. So yea I'm hurting up this crop thats been in the ground over a 105 days. But my guess is frost next week about mid week to the fifth of sep. Season over and out.

The rest of the field is 80% red kernels.

Comment

Yes you're the smartest and the biggest and the richest farmer that has had no yields for the last 10 years because of drought and flood. We all know that already.
          You re telling me you took that picture of the field you sprayed yesterday and those are the kernels today right? Hahahaha
          It's kinda like the drought pictures you have where you went to a real drought area and took some pictures.
          Reporting for fox and CNN over and out

Hahahahaha

Comment

Big wheel i took heads from that field on friday put them in the house over the weekend and shelled them yesterday before i sprayed and yes thats the sample. So 105 days in the ground and most of the field is ready to go so yes in 14 days it will all be ready to harvest.

What don't you guys get.

Comment

Why not swath it instead of spraying? All our lentils are tested for export glosphate-free because Europe will not tolerate Monsantified lentils. There's a good reason not to abuse labels - not to mention the fact that we are having to eat that grain.

Comment

Well on my farm wheat that green sprayed Friday and on Monday you wouldn't be able to shell out a sample without flattening the seed.
                So good for you...... I guess?

Comment

Big wheel.

I took heads into the house friday like i always do before a major decision on spraying in fall.

Yes they sat on my shelf in my office.

On monday i shelled them out in my office and thats the sample. So i took the sprayer out and shut down a 1000 acres yesterday. The fields had spots like the one in the picture in 20% of the fields but the other 80% is ripe and ready to go. Uneven this year.

Again its rather simple.

Swath is a option but why not get superior weed control and even out the crop and get a better grade because one of these days the rain will return and the geese will definitely love a swath crop to eat and shit on.

Also after harvest these fields are ready to work low areas as all grass and cattails are dead. Cleaning fields for next year and getting land back after the shit show rain years. Thats the priority.

Plus beat the first frost that I'm thinking is coming in the next week to the 6th of Sept.

Comment

So you got that sample from the ripe part right?

Comment

Yea sure thats how it works.

Really.

Comment

Yes I see simple you're foregoing 20% of your field yield. Which by that picture anyway it looks like a lot more than 20% but anyway then will you complain about the yield?
                        If it were as big an area as it looks to me I d at least square that out. But that's just me I need all those areas to make it work.

Comment

Anyway we ll keep this thread and by God we better not hear you complain about how you're getting graded if you include the pepper from that 20% in your whole sample. Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                            Big wheel.

I took heads into the house friday like i always do before a major decision on spraying in fall.

Yes they sat on my shelf in my office.

On monday i shelled them out in my office and thats the sample. So i took the sprayer out and shut down a 1000 acres yesterday. The fields had spots like the one in the picture in 20% of the fields but the other 80% is ripe and ready to go. Uneven this year.

Again its rather simple.

Swath is a option but why not get superior weed control and even out the crop and get a better grade because one of these days the rain will return and the geese will definitely love a swath crop to eat and shit on.

Also after harvest these fields are ready to work low areas as all grass and cattails are dead. Cleaning fields for next year and getting land back after the shit show rain years. Thats the priority.

Plus beat the first frost that I'm thinking is coming in the next week to the 6th of Sept.
                            We farm next to the slum of the ghetto. In southern sask. If you saw the dirt blow like I did here this spring. You would park your Kelly harrow for good. One guy north of us just harrowed his canola stubble. The wind was so strong it got the canoala stubble moving and took the whole field. Some guys here won't even harrow this year after the mess the wind made this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              Why not swath it instead of spraying? All our lentils are tested for export glosphate-free because Europe will not tolerate Monsantified lentils. There's a good reason not to abuse labels - not to mention the fact that we are having to eat that grain.
                              I have never swathed wheat and never will. I've seen wheat sprouting in the swath too many times. Just not worth the little bit of savings to risk my whole crop geting destroyed sitting in a soggy swath that never dries out.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                                Caserd where do you farm? Just curious in our part of the county this shit would have green areas till first frost. [ATTACH]2038[/ATTACH]
                                I'm a long way south of you. It's amazing how green that field is for 105 days. We clearly farm in different climates and we're only about two hours apart. Did some of that wheat come up when it rained? Here I combined Brandon in 105 days with no glyposate and a lot of green in the field. I had some wheat come up in the June rain we had. Judging on my yield in the south I'm willing to bet you those fields make well over sixty.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...