• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask power

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    Oliver 88

" Just another reason the more expensive and less reliable "green" renewable Electricity"

Fraser Institute numbers from 2008-2015

Using data compiled by Hydro-Québec, the study compares the hydro bill (including taxes) for a typical household using 1,000 kWh per month in selected cities, as of 2016:

Montreal: $83.08
    Winnipeg: $97.50
    Calgary: $109.19
    Vancouver: $114.38
    Halifax: $166.80
    Ottawa: $182.51
    Toronto: $201.23

Funny how the the two lowest cities hydro bills power comes from renewal energy source! As for reliablity Manitoba Hydro can't be beat! Not sure what your talking about!
    Forage, first off I agree hydro power can be a reliable and affordable source of electricity. Also notice the 2 most expensive cities are in Ontario. 14 years of Liberal mismanagement and the push for wind and solar and shuttering coal have blown their power bills out of the water. Funny you didn't comment on that!

Comment

Can you imagine if the major dam projects in US in the first half 20th century would've had todays costs/issues not related to actual construction?
      Wow. A B29 every hour in '44-'45 would never have happened.
      Cut the bullshit and hydro should be cheap?

Comment

Hamloc

Did some reading on why Ontario's hydro rates are so high and there seems to be numerous reasons. Pricey Green energy was mentioned as one of them. I suggest you read the article as well as it did give all reason as to why Ontario's hydro is so high. That being said , I live and farm in Manitoba and our power comes from renewable energy and is amongst the cheapest in Canada. That is what I was commenting on and it is a renewable and that should be taken in to account!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Forage, first off I agree hydro power can be a reliable and affordable source of electricity. Also notice the 2 most expensive cities are in Ontario. 14 years of Liberal mismanagement and the push for wind and solar and shuttering coal have blown their power bills out of the water. Funny you didn't comment on that!
          Yes forage missed a key word in my post. "RELIABLE"

Manitoba Hydro's hydroelectric supply or a nuclear power plant doesn't require a backup source so I would classify that as reliable for sure. Unfortunately the environmentalists are now opposed to both of these options......as well as natural gas.

So that leaves us with solar or wind which are both unreliable and expensive......that puts us in the most expensive category.
          Can someone from Ontario comment on if they are happy with their wind power supply and if their bills have increased?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...