• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebel Media Co-founder quits

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    Parsley needs to send in more money to keep Ezra afloat. It would be a shame if the "REAL NEWS" stopped being put out!
    Thanks for the reminder, Grassy. I have been preoccupied, but I shall put a cheque in the mail. Parsley

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
      Thanks for the reminder, Grassy. I have been preoccupied, but I shall put a cheque in the mail. Parsley
      Maybe spend the money on getting your eyes checked instead? that post was by "foragefarmer" - whoever he is.

Comment

Getting short of rats on the SS Rebel LOL. Faith Goldy fired and dramatic accusations in this video by a former British contributor. Worth watching - it contains the word "SCAM"

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UKAivWrio"]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UKAivWrio[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          Getting short of rats on the SS Rebel LOL. Faith Goldy fired and dramatic accusations in this video by a former British contributor. Worth watching - it contains the word "SCAM"

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UKAivWrio"]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3UKAivWrio[/URL]
          If the Rebel disappears, it appears that no one will be more heart-broken than you grassy!

You appear to be their most faithful follower, with all the news you keep bringing to us from The Rebel.

Who knew, grassfarmer is likely a closet racist and everything-phobe getting his vicarious thrill by absorbing alt-right news.

Thanks for the updates. Keep up the good work grassy!
          Last edited by burnt; Aug 18, 2017, 05:26.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            If the Rebel disappears, it appears that no one will be more heart-broken than you grassy!

You appear to be their most faithful follower, with all the news you keep bringing to us from The Rebel.

Who knew, grassfarmer is likely a closet racist and everything-phobe getting his vicarious thrill by absorbing alt-right news.

Thanks for the updates. Keep up the good work grassy!
            You are welcome burnt! Any day that is a bad day for hatred spewing, racist, scumbag creators of fake news is a good day for me and for society in general. So i'll keep on sharing the good news.

Comment

Braid: Top UCP candidates flee The Rebel, after flirting with it
              Rebel Media stepped into a storm by sympathizing with the alt-right movement in Charlottesville.

Brian Mason, a top NDP cabinet minister, blasted the United Conservative Party Thursday for snuggling up to Rebel Media. The two main leadership candidates, Brian Jean and Jason Kenney, responded by fleeing Ezra Levant’s alt-right outfit at light speed.

At the same time, they reviled Mason for suggesting they had any link at all with the outfit that last weekend sympathized with the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, Va., even as a young woman was killed by a car.

But the UCP doesn’t get off that easily.

It’s true that both Kenney and Jean have lately decided not to appear on Rebel shows.

Kenney slammed Rebel-inspired demonstrators for chanting “Lock her up,” referring to Premier Rachel Notley.

Levant savaged him for that. Kenney was aggrieved. Now he should be grateful for anything that puts distance between himself and The Rebel.

But Jean and Kenney have usually been friendly with Levant and Rebel Media. Hamish Marshall, Jean’s leadership campaign manager, was on the Rebel’s board until recently.

The fact is, Levant has been very useful. He’s relentless in tearing down the provincial NDP and federal Liberals, often with brutal language conventional politicians can’t use (not yet, anyway).

By amping up hostility so intense that Notley faced death threats, Levant probably helped the conservative unity drive.

Rebel Media has always pandered to fears and alarmism, but it worsened over time, changing from outspoken criticism of political correctness to radical hatred of Muslims, refugees, and just about everyone else who isn’t a white Christian conservative.

It’s a curiosity for sure that Levant is Jewish, declares it proudly, and yet dismissed as comedy one Rebel correspondent’s rant called “Ten things I hate about Jews.”

Rationality is not the best tool for explaining The Rebel.
              Ezra Levant

The pure hatred has escalated. Hearing that 2,000 migrants have died in the Mediterranean Sea this year, a correspondent said, “Good — here’s to 2,000 more.”

On that Virginia weekend, it all snapped.

Video showed how blindly racist and anti-Semitic those demonstrators are. It was some of the vilest stuff to appear on U.S. TV in many years, and that’s saying a lot.

“Jews will not replace us,” they chanted. One white supremacist said he didn’t know how President Donald Trump could stand to see his “beautiful daughter” with “that bastard,” her Jewish husband.

The same crazed zealot said the woman who was killed, Heather Heyer, caused the attack.

The Rebel got caught up in this, disastrously. Correspondents appeared to be all in with the neo-Nazis and the growing pro-Confederacy movement in the U.S. (Is it coincidence that the most popular southern newspaper during the Civil War was called The Rebel?)

Correspondent Faith Goldy praised the “alt-right” demonstrators, and baited or insulted counter-protesters. Her camera then caught the car plowing through the crowd. On Thursday, she was fired.

After the weekend, Rebel co-founder Brian Lilley quit, along with other contributors.

A fired London correspondent also accused Levant of misusing donated funds. Levant denied this Thursday and said he was being blackmailed.

Lilley said The Rebel’s editorial stance would destroy it. Levant immediately wrote a memo to staff saying he would no longer employ the term alt-right.

Levant said he rejects the racist worldview of the Nazi symbolism on display. “That’s not conservatism, that’s just racism,” he wrote.

Knowing Levant slightly, I do believe that’s his personal view. But he has played his own role in all this.

His correspondents became agitators rather than reporters. He constantly inflamed the kind of people who are drawn to extremist ideology.

And some Alberta conservative politicians, desperate to destroy the NDP, found Levant’s tactics useful.
              White nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., on Friday, Aug. 11. Vice News Tonight / AP

As Mason suggested, the one good thing about Virginia is that it forces a clear choice on people. You’re either with the neo-Nazis and white supremacists or you’re not. And if you are, you will be part of a very small minority.

Jean and Kenney both repudiate this hateful ideology. When they saw trouble coming, they parted ways with The Rebel.

But some conservatives got their hands dirty for tawdry political reasons. The Rebel was their useful surrogate, their battering ram. They chose to flirt with deepening darkness.

They should stop that, forever.

Don Braid’s column appears regularly in the Herald

dbraid@postmedia.com

Twitter/DonBraid

Comment

"Rebel Media has always pandered to fears and alarmism, but it worsened over time, changing from outspoken criticism of political correctness to radical hatred of Muslims, refugees, and just about everyone else who isn’t a white Christian conservative." Don Braid

Don Braid has hit the nail on the head. Many posts on Agriville seem to be heavily influenced by The Rebel. The Rebel has been agitating and spreading hate, fear and encouraging bigotry and white supremacy. Charlottesville has been a wakeup call.

Comment

You are welcome burnt! Any day that is a bad day for hatred spewing, racist, scumbag creators of fake news is a good day for me and for society in general. So i'll keep on sharing the good news.
                  Attaboy, grassy, you keep on getting your vicarious racist thrills at The Rebel, if they're such racists! You've likely had the exact same thoughts as you find printed there, but lack the courage to speak them openly.

Because of your devoted following of Ezra Levant, you really should have a name that reflects your dedication - how about grass-ant?

Yup, grass-ant suits you well!

You keep on telling us what you're learning at The Rebel, grass-ant.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                    You've likely had the exact same thoughts as you find printed there, but lack the courage to speak them openly.
                    Absolutely not, I have always spoken out against racism on here. It doesn't take courage to propagate racial hatred and bigotry among a clique of like minded people - it takes courage to oppose it. A rather sad admission on your part that you have, and continue to support racism, hatred and bigotry.

Comment

Absolutely not, I have always spoken out against racism on here. It doesn't take courage to propagate racial hatred and bigotry among a clique of like minded people - it takes courage to oppose it. A rather sad admission on your part that you have, and continue to support racism, hatred and bigotry.
                      Well grass-ant - you would will have to prove where I supported racism, hatred and bigotry or you will be found liable for slander.

Belmont, Manitoba is very easy for my attorney to locate and your libel will not be tolerated.

Criminal law is still very much still in effect.

An apology might be your best investment, right now.
                      Last edited by burnt; Aug 18, 2017, 11:35.

Comment

Yeah, in your dreams. Better get your posse together and come get me. Don't forget the white sheets.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...