• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waves.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waves.....

...of precipitation will be advancing over the Prairies this week.

Now that we are into harvest, I hope we don't get hit too hard. Like furrow says, maybe the dry trend that establishes itself in areas might hang on a little longer for us. Really don't need anything right now.

What a "hard to please" person I am.

The first wave is on it's way but might run out of gas. or just sputter through, by the time it gets here.

**** all I can do about it anyway.....except whine and complain, bitch and moan. Which apparently I do best anyway!

Take care and harvest safe.

I guess what I'm hoping for is we don't get a huge downpour in a hard thundershower or a long soaking rain. It will be what it will be. hobbyfrmr had the best saying I heard about rain.... when it rains, I let it rain.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 14, 2017, 11:08.

Waves of negativity, and tinfoil!

I'll accept those waves on behalf of all the three foot tall soybeans that would like to try for four.

Comment

Lol..we're all looking for something different.

I'm in quality preservation mode.

I'll put the moisture in my the bank for next year.

Comment

...very little this time. 0.09 inches.

Radar showed some others got more? Anyone?

Comment

3 mm. A couple of forecasts show rain at the end of the month. Hope it is wrong but would be right on schedule. Actually wouldn't be a big deal here. But areas with greener crops would not welcome end of August rains.

Comment

We are into part of our wheat harvest right now..... I hope the rains hold off until the wheat is off. The rest is almost weather proof.... well, rain proof anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              ...very little this time. 0.09 inches.

Radar showed some others got more? Anyone?
              6 tenths here. Not many hoping for rain anymore. Somewhat typical. Cant rain most of the summer now we have had 2 inches in the last week. A few miles away had 4.5 in a thunderstorm last Monday with some hail and more rain again last night.

Comment

For the second time this year I am glad most of this system split around us . This first was a set of storms that had a lot of hail in them . Peas are ready and the horseshoe held for the most part lol.
                But this system not done yet , it is turning and has to move out yet.
                Some areas got a lot of rain west , south and east of here .
                If we can get by tonight we will be ready to start harvest.
                A lot of early peas and lentils off here .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...