• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C R A S H! WHEAT has imploded.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers in US are screaming about USDA report. Some think it's time to abolish it. Go to AgWeb.com and read the crop comments section. Not a pretty picture down there in a lot of areas.

Comment

My USA relatives that farm can't figure out what the hell the USDA is doing and why. Plus these useless crop tours that don't even count fields that the crop was baled, Really insulting is what they are saying.

Farmers are pissed and this shit might get interesting as the year goes.

Crop ratings down again on Corn and Beans yet wheat up. WHY because its to F#$King Late.

Comment

Corn ratings (released yesterday aft) are up 2% to 62% good-to-excellent. And with the excellent weather forecast ahead for the American Midwest, USDA 's 169 bu/acre might now be accurate (IMO).

Soybean rating of 59% is down 1% over a week ago. Soybean ratings have likely bottomed for this crop year (IMO).

Comment

7$ is a good profit if you keep your costs under control. But lots of shiny paint is so much fun now isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
            7$ is a good profit if you keep your costs under control. But lots of shiny paint is so much fun now isn't it.
            HUGE difference between $7/bu @ 30 bu/ac versus 60 bu/ac.

Sometimes the market just won't pay enough to make some people profitable.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              HUGE difference between $7/bu @ 30 bu/ac versus 60 bu/ac.

Sometimes the market just won't pay enough to make some people profitable.
              The market only cares about their profit! As long as your around to put in another crop for them that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
                The market only cares about their profit! As long as your around to put in another crop for them that's all that matters.
                Not even that is a concern. There will always be someone to put in a crop.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                  Based on what yield?

Comment

Think wheat is becoming too big of a pain for most.
                    Too many classes, grades, protein/moist segregation
                    The new big high throughput's weren't built to keep separate or easily blend.

Comment

wmoebis, " Think wheat is becoming too big of a pain for most. "

As a grower, and from a growers prospective, I agree with that statement, but from my grounds.
                      Compared to selling canola, soybeans, flax, etc. Hauling a bunch of wheat samples all over the country is a pain, drive 2.5 hours there and back in this direction, then drive 2 hours there and back in opposite direction, then drive 1hr 45mins in a third direction. Do it in the fall and by Christmas you almost have to do it all over again as the grading is changed, and by Mar-Apr your doing it again because you can't blindly go by the earlier grading due to the different wheat grades they're taking in now vs. then. Even more so, if your holding till June-July for a better grade. Some of these other crops, samples rarely even needed.

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
                        wmoebis, " Think wheat is becoming too big of a pain for most. "

As a grower, and from a growers prospective, I agree with that statement, but from my grounds.
                        Compared to selling canola, soybeans, flax, etc. Hauling a bunch of wheat samples all over the country is a pain, drive 2.5 hours there and back in this direction, then drive 2 hours there and back in opposite direction, then drive 1hr 45mins in a third direction. Do it in the fall and by Christmas you almost have to do it all over again as the grading is changed, and by Mar-Apr your doing it again because you can't blindly go by the earlier grading due to the different wheat grades they're taking in now vs. then. Even more so, if your holding till June-July for a better grade. Some of these other crops, samples rarely even needed.
                        What a bunch of crazy talk, foolishness and nonsense! I don't know where you're selling grain but that never happens in these parts!

(My comment was pure unadulterated sarcastic nonsense) I am sending you a label, private message me so I know where to send it.

Comment

farma, you must really feel picked on lately. I get your sarcasm and your snark.

It's all cool buddy !

Don't get so rattled by that one hit wonder from the other day, he has no cashe here compared to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            Based on what yield?
                            Your own average yield in your area. The comment was for those complaining about 7$ for a bushel of wheat that "lose money". You need better fiscal management.

If wheat went down to 4$, what would happen?

Comment

Originally posted by danny W1M View Post
                              farma, you must really feel picked on lately. I get your sarcasm and your snark.

It's all cool buddy !

Don't get so rattled by that one hit wonder from the other day, he has no cashe here compared to you.
                              One hit wonder lol

Thanks for that. I knew beforehand that it was a waste of time posting on this site. A good 5+ years of reading this so-called commodity market forum and rarely reading much about marketing, just whining about getting screwed. Ha ha.

I'm back to farming. Sorry to disappoint farma, but I'm ain't no 8 to 5 grain buyer as you implied the other day. Thank god for that, I can choose who I deal with...most of them can't. Poor bastards.

Have a safe and happy harvest everyone. Best of luck to you all

Comment

Dylan

Hello and welcome .

...I read opposing views because it brings other things I hadn't thought about.

As far as marketing .....there isn't much to talk about in Canada because there is no market ..

No farm tours to rate crops and assess yield....and at the end of the day our prices are set by other factors....like the price of oil for canola.....the Russian monster crop of feed wheat for pricing our quality spring wheats. ...and of course st the end of every week when the grainco families all break bread together to decide what us peasants will receive. ....

Keep posting it adds another dimension and viewpoint...if everyone agrees it's not healthy that's why the saskparty is falling apart ....no intellectual discussion ....just a bunch of rah rah rah.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...