• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola

Does anyone add water to there Canola to bring up the moisture? And is it legal. Anyone ever been rejected at a elevator? Or nobody wants to admit it!!!!!!

We have done it lots .just weld a garden hose fitting onto bottom of auger . Run a garden hose atream into auger while loading . Yes its legal , crushers have to bring moisture up in a lot of cases . Always told them we were doing it . They sure as f$&k dont pay you for being under dry . Trouble is we haul most of our canola in winter and not practical for us to do it then. Lots do it going into bin but never liked doing that .

Comment

Usually am trying to get it under 10% more often than increase moisture.

Blending 7% with 12% to get a desirable moisture level might be easier.

Comment

Hmmmmm.

We are usually well under dry....another good reason to be "good and dry"....long term storage. Another reason the grain cos don't mind buying my grain Dylan.

Dry won't be our problem...two stage canola will be..it is hard to time swathing. The more I walk into and look at It to time swathing....the more I realize how shitty it is. Wah...wah...wah...more whining.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...