• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Forecasts Wide Ranging!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GDR View Post
    Forgive me if I should know this but somebody else made a comment similar to this the other day about wheat vs canola yields. Is normal yields higher on canola than wheat in SK? Good normal yields here are 60 canola, 100 cps or 85 hrs, would never have higher canola than wheat. Canola will average under 40 for sure here, likely closer to 30.

Crop insurance average for canola is 38 here. For what it's 35.7 that's hard red both on summer fallow.

Long term averages. What has been grown for a lot longer than canola part of it...

Comment

From what's coming off in S Alberta, I bet it's only 50 percent of last year and maybe less.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
        Is normal yields higher on canola than wheat in SK?
        Good normal yields here are 60 canola, 100 cps or 85 hrs, would never have higher canola than wheat.
        Wow, those are good normal yields.

I'd say we normally get approximately 20% higher for HRS vs canola on our small farm in NE Sask.

Comment

Stampsguy , but Derick Squire says Alberta has a great crop to make up the small area in Sask that has lower yielding crops 👎👎👎 . I wounded who paid him to say something that stupid !!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...