• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the durum a dud too?!?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the durum a dud too?!?

Lots of tiny shrunken ones in the durum, also a bit of midge damage

If more of the world population was "really" hungry there wouldn't be stupid ****ing reasons to down grade grain.

Perfect grain is wanted from an almost always imperfect environment its produced in.

I looked at the pic with a 10X magnifier and I seen fusarium in the creases!!!!

Comment

We haven't got to any of ours yet, but a buyer in southern Alberta told me most of their samples are grading #5, due to low bushel weight

Comment

It's called joke grain grading.

Comment

It's this way......there's always "something".....

Look how many specs have to be met.

Comment

It's best this way without anyone watching or any rules. This way no one gets in trouble. We just accept what they want to give. There is no controversy this way.
            Hahahahaha!!!! Right on. Outstanding. Except the people
            Who don't want any rules are always complaining why is that???

Comment

Method to determine test weight

https://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/oggg-gocg/01/oggg-gocg-1-eng.htm

For #1 here's the weight needed

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                Lots of tiny shrunken ones in the durum, also a bit of midge damage

Not a thing wrong with a sample of durum with color like that! I bought grain for SWP for 12 years, that is a #1 ad!

Comment

Just think of how many bushels of shit durum they bought and filled vancouver with that can now be blended of with that beautiful sample.....

The reason Vancouver has 50 percent space is for opportunities like this.

Comment

How many guys kept wheat over from last year and hoping to blend it this year for better grades?

That answer is a lot.

Everyone does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                      Method to determine test weight

https://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/oggg-gocg/01/oggg-gocg-1-eng.htm

For #1 here's the weight needed

It is the procedure that has to be done properly and has to be watched. Lots of ways to screw up a test weight but only one proper way to do it.

It's in the grain grading guide.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        If more of the world population was "really" hungry there wouldn't be stupid ****ing reasons to down grade grain.

Perfect grain is wanted from an almost always imperfect environment its produced in.

I looked at the pic with a 10X magnifier and I seen fusarium in the creases!!!!
                        So you're saying that if people are starving, too ****ongn bad for them, they should eat what they're given and pay you top dollar to get it? Quite the humanitarian!

I've been reading on here for a long, long time and I know that if I worked somewhere, ANYWHERE where you and SF3 wanted to deal: I'd probably find a reason to get your whiney asses back out the door too! Can you blame people? Holy Christmas! Listen to yourselves. Would you want to deal with you? And don't give me that line of being treated fair. If you walk into ANY place of business with a chip on your shoulder like you CLEARLY have, you're gonna get treated like you treat others, end of story.

Comment

Your gonna get what they give....What's this.....your not happy.......your going to go to the next buyer......😂😂😂 LOL!

Comment

maybe history will repeat itself.
                            prairie farmers once had a large share of control over how their grain was bought, and graded, and marketed.
                            prairie wheat pools were farmer owned and controlled, until someone let a few too many weasels into the hen house.
                            sask wheat pool's remnants are now owned by viterra and glencore, which operate like any other private sector grain company (ie buy low and sell high).
                            should have hung on to wheat pool co-operatives when we had them.
                            even the few remaining farmer-owned terminals are being sold off now to the big boys. for shame
                            take what we're given, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              Dylan ! Farma and sf3 have every right to express concerns about grain grading !

How would you like being told your Durum's # 5 when actually its top quality ????

# 5 at harvest # 2 when they want it ! Thats an insult to the Farmer !
                              Thats just it they've got the durum market cornered and CGC is in their pocket book. Farmers are getting robbed blind!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...