• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deja vu 2007

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deja vu 2007

Deja vu 2007 . . . 10 year anniversary of global market meltdown. An interesting 3 minute clip on CNBC.
    Jim Cramer unwound and correct . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWksEJQEYVU

Today, the Dow Jones casually pushes to record highs day-after-day. The VIX remains at remarkable lows on investor complatency . . . .

Kind of amazing it's been 10 yrs already. Jim got his wish they lowered.

Iceman

Comment

Also interesting was the price of vehicles went very high just before that .
      By the end of 2008 you could by the same truck for $15,000 less . Same thing starting to happen now
      I think it's about to repeat .
      Prices on everything have gone ballistic the past two years ( vehicles, machinery ) .
      It's time for a reset .

Comment

.........LAND!!! Don't forget land!

Comment

What near zero percent interest rates and cheap oil still does not stimulate the economy? Houston We Have A Problem.

The root of the problem is fiat currency and shes a doozy.

Comment

Just wait til the local Regina economy feels the effcts when the mega-projects are complete. ..Stadium is already done....by-pass in a year or two....then what are they going to use to force, I mean "stimulate", the economy. Oh...and a poor crop in the southern half of Sask to rub salt in the wound.

Comment

I believe the auto sector is in a lot of trouble, sales are soft.. Manufacturers have over loaded dealers lots with units. Still have surplus of new 2016 vehicles and the manufacturers are producting 2018 units now. Also a crazy amount of sub prime auto loans made in the last 5 yrs and default rates are increasing
              Errol probably knows more on this than me.

Iceman

Comment

That's the problem with Wall ....he's not creating anything with a lasting effect....no vision...

Compare that to devine's plan. ...he left good paying jobs behind at power plants, fertilizer plants, and refineries. ...left the province broke? ????....I don't think so....

Wall will....
                Last edited by bucket; Aug 6, 2017, 12:00.

Comment

Agree Bucket. Also cow.calf program, Rafferty-Alameda and the list goes on. I'll take Devine thanx.

Comment

X3 bucket

Comment

We best not slam Wall too hard cause if we do the tweetys and grass farmers will be running the province next election. **** that's a scary thought.

Comment

We need a new leader QUICK!

Comment

Another thought is maybe it's time for economy to hit the wall and reset everything is out of whack. New dodge diesel trucks are advertised for the low price of 91995.00 this is ridiculous nearly 100 grand and it's a fukin dodge.

Comment

Ya and the MSRP for my wheat is $12.50, canola is $18.00, flax is $22.00....get the picture.

Its just a fictitious starting point....dont fall for it. And smart people don't.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                              I believe the auto sector is in a lot of trouble, sales are soft.. Manufacturers have over loaded dealers lots with units. Still have surplus of new 2016 vehicles and the manufacturers are producting 2018 units now. Also a crazy amount of sub prime auto loans made in the last 5 yrs and default rates are increasing
                              Errol probably knows more on this than me.

Iceman
                              Iceman, you are right . . . there is a subprime U.S. auto loan crisis in-progress right now. A massive glut of used vehicles stateside and bad loans and shaky consumer credit is now flooding the market with used vehicles of all makes and shapes. The big three (3) auto makers may be vulnerable to take a huge financial hit over the next three to five years (IMO).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...