• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs

This is the first time I've ever seen the Pea Weevil. Servicing the combine this morning and there was a couple of plants on the feather sheets on the flex header behind the cutting bar. Quite a few weevils under those plants but it could be an accumulation from the cutter bar and them just looking for food and habitat.

Diamond backs did some feeding here. Pod surfaces show some stripping of green material and some holes bored. Some in cocoon stage and some still feeding.... I can't see me spraying. I don't like to see any damage but at what point do you say .... go now.

Go time when you meet the threshold. More of a panic when they are feeding on pods. Weren't too worried about leaf feeding.

Ended up with 1.5" this evening in matter of 15 minutes, so hope that takes care of the rest. either drown them out or get the fungus....

Comment

Went out and sprayed 300ac of canola. The worms were about 150/2m 5 days ago, today they were 250/2m I couldnt handle looking at them chewing the top pods any longer. Sprayed Corigen tonight and hope they are dead soon.

Comment

The diamond backs are doing the same here , but only in certain areas .
        Some fields are staying below threshold and others change fast as breadwinner said within a day or two.

Comment

still below threshold , 2-3 per plant, or 10 -12-15 per sq ft.
          some pod feeding , lots of leaves yet,
          lots of adults flying around tonite .
          how long till their eggs hatch.
          another factor i should add to my count . is grasshoppers chewing away, and they take big bites.
          i can see with one dry year , they are making a comeback.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...