• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious

Does anyone else hear from elevator reps that they are still cleaning up contracts from months ago....how is that and why is it allowed....

Railways are hitting 700000 tonnes, which is abysmal, but why is this an issue that keeps popping up. ...

General comment:

At their convenience and your expense. Powerless.

Comment

Supposed to be buying a couple of Rosco's off an older couple once they are empty. They were July contracts. They likely wont be able to move them next week either since the elevator is "cleaning up old contracts". Admittedly, delivery "months" are strictly suggestions with our local elevator. Off the combine movement has been pushed into February, March or even April. Contracts are regularly a month if not 3 or 4 behind. Difficulty in matching anticipated monthly expenditures to revenue has forced alot of business away to other locations. When guys were pushing massive bushels the last few years, even with pushing off alot of smaller operators, the elevator was able to stay very busy. This year there will likely be ALOT of thumb twiddling. Karma.

Comment

Where are our commodity lobby groups on stuff like this? This is something I'd like addressed,,,,,seeing they're taxing my deliveries, and I'm not asking for it back. They should all be working on a better balanced contract, with discounts defined and penalties for non acceptance or non delivery during the agreed delivery month.

Comment

Are you making sure to put in 90 day storage clauses and agreeing on $/tonne/month?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
            Are you making sure to put in 90 day storage clauses and agreeing on $/tonne/month?
            Good advice. How much pushback have people had from buyers when doing this? Can go both ways too. I've been cut some slack by buyers when I couldn't cover contracts. Usually buyers can't take it in a timely fashion and then you need to take a cash advance. I think the system takes advantage of this and drags their feet. Everyone is running on borrowed money. Buyers know when fcc credit and advances are due. Easy pickings.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...