• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola stocks gonna need an update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    Everything from 5 bps canola to 40 (mine might be overly optomistic) coming in my area. 20 avg im guessing in my area. At 10 bucks a bushel = alot of sour faces.
    I would think $11 will be attainable...patience.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I would think $11 will be attainable...patience.
      Hoping for 11 dollar canola in 2017....wow. good thing inputs and equipment aren't overpriced, how would we do it if seed was 200 a bag and a new combine was 100,000????

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
        Hoping for 11 dollar canola in 2017....wow. good thing inputs and equipment aren't overpriced, how would we do it if seed was 200 a bag and a new combine was 100,000????
        It was a response to the $10 comment.....I didn't want to say $12.00 and get my head bit off either!

Last harvest I sold 600 bushels I couldn't squeeze into the bins for about $9.85/bu.....

Let's agree the bar has(hopefully) been raised.
        Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 4, 2017, 12:05.

Comment

It was a response to the $10 comment.....I didn't want to say $12.00 and get my head bit off either!
          Sad thing is that farmers were hoping for 10 dollar canola 25 years ago and they will be doing the same 25 years into the future. There is no hope for grain prices because the system is rigged against the primary producer. Sure guys like big wheel are going to come one here and say that they can market better and get a better price....whatever....but prove me wrong when everyone buys grain at the same price +/- a few cents. The crushers could be down to their last 50 bushels and guys would line up for a 50 cent premium. The grain companies and buyers have been dealing from the bottom of the deck for years and they don't even have to hide it.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
            Inputs haven't really changed much in ten years. Many herbicides have actually gone down.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
              Inputs haven't really changed much in ten years. Many herbicides have actually gone down.
              I'm glad they fit your budget tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                Only herbicides that have gone down are ones you shouldnt be using (group 1+2 resistant) liberty and glphos down because they are ramming it to you when you buy the seed. And seed , well its gone through the roof

Comment

I don't know of anyone that is sitting on canola. Now that statement has to be a market mover.
                  Not even us and we are pisspoor marketers , lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...