• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray jugs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that is just annoying.

I understand the importance of thorough rinsing if people are going to have to handle these things or the fact you paid good money for the pesticide and want it all in the spray tank.

I thought they bragged about the high return rates.

As I said, I find it hard to believe any recycling program isn't creating a larger environmental footprint than using the "alternative" way of dealing with the "waste".

We saw first hand the Assiniboia tire recycling project..... mothballed with a small mountain of tires sitting there. A fire guard is worked around part of the property to hopefully keep any potential fires from reaching the pile. I think the community sees this as a huge safety hazard, if that pile of tires ever started to burn... yikes.

When the society you live is classified as "consumer"..... AND DISPOSABLE......
    Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 6, 2017, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Well that is just annoying.

I understand the importance of thorough rinsing if people are going to have to handle these things or the fact you paid good money for the pesticide and want it all in the spray tank.

I thought they bragged about the high return rates.

As I said, I find it hard to believe any recycling program isn't creating a larger environmental footprint than using the "alternative" way of dealing with the "waste".

We saw first hand the Assiniboia tire recycling project..... mothballed with a small mountain of tires sitting there. A fire guard is worked around part of the property to hopefully keep any potential fires from reaching the pile. I think the community sees this as a huge safety hazard, if that pile of tires ever started to burn... yikes.

When the society you live is classified as "consumer"..... AND DISPOSABLE......
      How many "tire recycling" projects have been mothballed around the country. A local one shredded millions of tires into a defunct pellet plant shed. Waiting for the day when she catches fire. No fire breaks and people live close. Lot of these recycling programs are a joke. Like computers being shipped off to the 3rd world for children to break apart for precious metals, these programs are more about good optics of making an effort to be green but not practical in the real sense.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
        ..... these programs are more about good optics of making an effort to be green but not practical in the real sense.
        This appears to be 100% true.

Comment

We burn everything here. Chem jugs, net wrap, silage plastic, and everything else that will burn before going to the transfer station 25km away and then it ends up handled again and going 200 km to the dump. I'm doing it to save the county money..... not that I'm lazy and don't think more fuel should be burned on moving trash.

We do recycle tires here and without any government $$$.

And they're filled with water. Natural fire protection 😉

Comment

Also there's three power plants within 10 miles of me burning millions of tonnes of coal a year.

Here's one behind our pasture. Leaves me feeling like anything good I do is negated before I even do it.

Or else there's the flare burning at the gas plant two miles south. When it gets going good at night I don't need lights on in the living room......

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...