• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drought

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just no hard water please....

Comment

Will those roots that are baked into cement-like soil near the surface be able to grab any of this quarter inch rain? Land masses on the opposite side of the globe are complaining about their water table dropping!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        Some would realize that after 30 days of temps pushing 36 degrees with winds gusting to 50 km many days, 2/10 is NOT a rain - even 5/10 is not a rain - Rain is rain....
        More nonsense but you come to the right conclusion at the end. 2/10 IS a rain, 5/10 IS a rain. Maybe not enough to alleviate drought but as you conclude Rain is rain and it all helps.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          More nonsense but you come to the right conclusion at the end. 2/10 IS a rain, 5/10 IS a rain. Maybe not enough to alleviate drought but as you conclude Rain is rain and it all helps.
          At the very least it's a reprieve from the hot dry conditions and scorching sun. We are up to a third of an inch now and it looks like it may be over unless wrap around shit showers hit us. Thank God, it can still rain.... always has always will..... probably just not on my agenda/schedule.

Comment

we had a extreme amount of subsoil and unail July cool nights.The weirdest thing is every morning there has been dew.Not sure it helped but a sign there must be moisture kicking around somewhere.No dought the extreme winds with plus 30 Temps was a killer and will see the results when combines roll.Not using lawn mower much this year.Yet my 5 acre corn maze is 6 feet high.Was a bad year to try this but amazed how it did considering.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              I don't agree with you very often......actually I don't think ever but your right on the money with this issue. I'll take 2/10 or anything. Any little bit helps and a person is very grateful to get it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...