• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drought

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drought

Well its official now the 6 o'clock news says dry around Regina, farmers worried, but they have a suicide line set up, that should help?

Not for one guy I know of....really sad.

Besides reducing farmer numbers is a good thing....right?
    Last edited by bucket; Jul 30, 2017, 19:42.

Comment

..........now I can officially whine and complain?

Sympathy to the person's family whose member died.

Farming is a tough gig and not worth anyone's life..... NOBODIES!

Comment

Drought or flood is wicked on your mind. You look up at the sky every cloud you wonder is it finally here, you question why you did half the shit you put into the crop. But taking your own life hurts your family, your at piece but your family is left to deal and it's rough. We lost Copper a year ago please no more, talk about it with who ever will listen. Don't cut people down like some trolls on here cut me down. Someone who is suicidal will just close his ears to that shit and turn you off. Not all have thick skin. Phone the number if no family will listen.
        40 days no rain and counting today Regina was 39 at my house, lake was 31 farm 33. That's 2.5 hours distance. Funny places that had heavy rain it was fast and really must not have done much as spots looked different today.

Comment

SF3, you and Klause must have got a good drink tonight. It is still black up north. Guys around here were straight cutting lentils. Nice dry ground and number ones. How those little beggars survived all this heat and wind is beyond me.

Comment

First time in 40 days that a storm started on long lake came around top then headed for the valley and didn't cross it much. I haven't been to the farm but something should of finally hit the ground. I don't think it was a great amount but at least maybe its starting to change or that blocker is finally moving.

Comment

If you stuck to facts SF3 you'd be more credible. Your crop report on July 6th stayed that you got 2/10ths on the 3rd of July so that would be 26 days without rain if you got some yesterday.

Comment

The more I get to know people, the more I like my horse.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  If you stuck to facts SF3 you'd be more credible. Your crop report on July 6th stayed that you got 2/10ths on the 3rd of July so that would be 26 days without rain if you got some yesterday.
                  Grassfarmer, I am really getting tired of your rotten attitude. Get lost! You have nothing of value to add so take a flying leap.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    SF3, you and Klause must have got a good drink tonight. It is still black up north. Guys around here were straight cutting lentils. Nice dry ground and number ones. How those little beggars survived all this heat and wind is beyond me.
                    I have a theory that color is more determined by length of growing season instead of sunlight. i mean of course sun causes the off color, but really total time the seeds are out in the field is a bigger factor.

I believe it was 2004 that we seen this. But maybe it was 2003 cant remember for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                      I would guess he means a rain that would actually impact the crop. 2/10 does zero when it is dry.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Grassfarmer, I am really getting tired of your rotten attitude. Get lost! You have nothing of value to add so take a flying leap.
                        Well said.

Comment

My bad... I just think words are important, the facts are important. If 26 days becomes 40, 6 wetter years becomes 16 years of epic flooding, $12 canola becomes $6 canola, $1000 land becomes $3000 land what's the point of having the discussion?

Comment

Epic shit disturber comes to mind.

Comment

I MHO - You are an argumentative troll who is a constant irritant that no one sane person needs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...