• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kiss 36billion goodbye

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
    Our brain damaged idiot doesn't know the difference between a McDonalds job and a a
    Oil or gas jib
    SOOOO what's to stop us from over paying McDonald's and making a real gift to those lucky enough to get jobs there, just like oil. We could still pay moneys to forien investors like shell, total,conoco,.
    Why don't you grow up and put the blame where it belongs instead of just saying them dam lobs,nds did it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
      SOOOO what's to stop us from over paying McDonald's and making a real gift to those lucky enough to get jobs there, just like oil. We could still pay moneys to forien investors like shell, total,conoco,.
      Why don't you grow up and put the blame where it belongs instead of just saying them dam lobs,nds did it all.
      Horse, why do you beat a dead horse?

Why do you think oilfield workers are overpaid? is $27.50 an hour overpaid for a labourer? What about $42/hr for a crew boss?

Car plant workers, potash mine employees make more to start than the crew boss does per hour.

I don't understand why you keep bringing that up...

Comment

As Paul Harvey would say: and now for the rest of the story.
        In 2007 Alaska governor Sarah Palin announced a deal with TransCanada and Exon to build a natural gas pipeline from Alaska to Alberta. However, Alaska never did come up with the funds promised to build line and in 2013 backed out of the deal. Then Alaska tied to partner with the 3 major producers (BP, ConocoPhillips, Exxon Mobil Corp) of north slope natural as in an LNG pipeline project across Alaska. However, a private 3rd party study (Wood McKenzie study) found the project to be uneconomical. It would require the price of gas to US $12.00 for the project to be profitable - way way below current prices and the project folded last year when the private sector backed out leaving only the Alaska government gas agency supporting the deal.

Now that agency, Alaska Gasline Development Corp, has signed a deal with deal with Sinopec, China Investment Corp. and the Bank of China to build this project estimated to cost up to $65 Billion not including the necessarily infrastructure including roads and power. Financial terms of the deal weren't disclosed but AGDC will be the majority shareholder which likely means Alaska will be paying a good portion of the costs.

I can just imagine the outcry on this site if Canada or even a province signed a secret deal with 3 Chinese companies that would see taxpayers footing the bill to supply China with below cost natural gas. But lets blame native groups, BC, and Liberals for not doing so.

Comment

the guys that are laughing in this deal is Saudi arabia and Russia they paid some native groups and a couple of protesters a couple of million to stop these projects.

Comment

Klaus when the discussion is oil why would I bring up the other over paid workers like most union jobs including teachers, nurses, mine workers,plumers electricians, et-al we could go on forever, besides I happen to know a lot of oil workers and I hear of a lot of the SNAFUs in the olio industry
            Does that answer your question ?

Comment

sf3 why not compare to Norway , not Venezuela.
              we look a little sad then.

and how would conservative and sask. party govt.s pay bills if the province
              had nothing to sell off

Comment

Norway is one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world with a total tax burden of roughly 45% of GDP– almost 4x Hong Kong and nearly twice the US. VAT here is a whopping 25%. Personal income tax rates border 55%. Corporate profits tax ranges from 28% to as high as 78%.

The government holds almost a trillion dollars for the people making each and every one of them a millionaire.

I'm thinking you should move there. Send the government your money to add to the pile.

Comment

Norway has about one of the lowest CO2 production on the list because they have lots of hydro.

They were going to buy carbon credits to become the first country in the world to have zero emissions.

You can be the first to the finish line if you spend enough money.

But I guess that's the whole point.

Redistribution.

Comment

Should check out how those plants worked out in Australia. Probably a good deal for us that it didn't go through. Good chance it would end up being another bill for the tax payer. Who else would want a higher gas bill?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...