• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I officially take title of agriville class dunce

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I officially take title of agriville class dunce

I cannot for the life of me fathom markets this week.

A failure at marketing.

Seems corn is still king.

Patience grasshopper patience.

Anyway guys still gonna be cruising for a bruising as oct aug 8th my wife and hit Calgary and depart on 31st look out sask alberta and montana.

any large machinery shows field days in that period and were?

Comment

Mallee.....should be lots of field "demonstrations" starting soon. In the southern/southwest parts and slowly pushing north- north east from there as fall progresses. It's called harvest.....best time to see the equipment is in its working clothes! Not all shined up and the tires Armour-alled on display! You'll have to come back for the spring show and the tour, It follows almost the same route as the fall show.

Have fun Mallee, and enjoy your visit to Canada. Best place in the world to live ;-).....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Mallee.....should be lots of field "demonstrations" starting soon. In the southern/southwest parts and slowly pushing north- north east from there as fall progresses. It's called harvest.....best time to see the equipment is in its working clothes! Not all shined up and the tires Armour-alled on display! You'll have to come back for the spring show and the tour, It follows almost the same route as the fall show.

Have fun Mallee, and enjoy your visit to Canada. Best place in the world to live ;-).....
        harvest wear in oz is shorts and a blue singlet always hot reckon it will be replicated unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          harvest wear in oz is shorts and a blue singlet always hot reckon it will be replicated unfortunately
          It varies from jeans ( my chicken legs don't do shorts) and thin shirts to toques and insulated coveralls. Especially the further north you go. Last year did some at 25*C and also -25*C. You just never know......

Comment

I attended the Zone 4 Organic Field Tour today. The big bus took us to a transitional organic farm at Sedley. This young farmer is working at perfecting row cropping of legumes and cereals with a 60 foot imported row tiller. It has a camera that steers it and the springy tines wiggle a bit as they till between the rows. Since weed control is a major concern for organic operations, he has purchased an rotary harrow as well to address the issue of dealing with straw as ground cover.

We then moved on to Ryan Leibel's operation just north of Balgonie. He is experimenting with alfalfa mulch interseeded with corn. He has purchased a Cruse Buster tillage machine from Decatur to break the shallow hardpan and encourage deep root establishment of alphalfa. In a year with more moisture, it would likely pay dividends. Will Oddie just west of Regina is conducting field trials targetted at Canada Thistle control.

It is a trying year as we all struggle to perfect our tillage practices to match the soil and weather conditions
            that affect our farms, but as you all know Mother Nature throws a curve into many good intentions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...