• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberals now are Blaming the Conservative for problems with Nafta Negotiations.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually grassy, I agree with you. All US governments democrat or republican have bowed to the Saudis.

I really wonder how they can hold such a grip on the President given human rights issues and links to terrorism. It is very powerful whatever it is.

Comment

SF3 all that good stuff,
      UPOV97
      with the implications of farmers never being able to own a seed again.
      so that patents will never run out

and extending existing patents from 15 to 25 years,

all the rules , and regulations written by the conservatives
      that allows the PMRA to soak us 3 or 4 times the world price
      for off patent chemicals. for years and years .

with an operation your size , you must be a committed conservative to willingly dish out 25-50 thousand a year in increased chemical costs

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        Actually grassy, I agree with you. All US governments democrat or republican have bowed to the Saudis.

I really wonder how they can hold such a grip on the President given human rights issues and links to terrorism. It is very powerful whatever it is.
        Some reasons are given as the following -

1) the Saudis despise Iran (Iran being no friend of the US either) and want the US to destroy it,, so friendship with the US is seen as an element of regional balance of power.

2) Saudi Arabia is a source of cheap and easy oil, even though the US is nearly self-sufficient and can replace it more readily than in the past.

3) Saudi Arabia is an Islamic stronghold and a major influence among the Muslim world. Tick them off and you've managed t openly turn a large percentage of Muslims against you. Not a good strategy if you want your head and neck to remain intact.

It is an alliance of convenience, not mutual love. And the dynamics are shifting.

So, when that potty breaks, there will be a stink. Watch out.
        Last edited by burnt; Jul 22, 2017, 03:50.

Comment

Canada never did live up to the agreement. The agreement promised no duties between borders by 2004. I'm not sure if there are duties going the other way.

Comment

What grip do Saudis have? Petro USD. Saudis jump ship from USD oil trade and Uncle Sam won't be able to print $ fast enough or add 0's in time.

Comment

The Saudis quit irrigating in the desert so they need a reliable source of grain.....Canada under yerry was easy pickings.....g3 is majority owned by the Saudis now.....I always tease g3 employees they should be wearing robes and towels .....hahaha

Comment

i am sure any deal to sell the board to the Saudis , was probably the Americans idea in the first place.

Saudis can do some dirty work for the US.
                lots of cash to buy american arms. great for business.
                A US base of operations in the middle east.

just a case of the USA propping up another dictator / kingdom
                same as Iran was at one time , with the shaw
                and Marcous in the philippines.

as long as the dictator is their , dictator , there is no push for democracy.
                or human rights.

only when it is not their boy , like assad in syria , do they stick their finger in and stir the pot .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...