• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    Models show .2mm of rain coming for Regina in next 24hrs. Don't forget your umbrella.

....****,..lol. For shade purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

[ATTACH]1901[/ATTACH]
      A fitting quote for your headstone SF3, LOL

Comment

Grass funny real funny! But a little of me will go to the volcano park in Hawaii my sled shack hill looking over my farm and up at the lake and in the swamp of Florida. Maybe on a park bench a the city Park.

Comment

I don't spend a lot of time fretting about grain companies or countries trying to talk down the market here. I try and get real info and the market will eventually reflect the facts.

If the crops are poor the price will reflect that eventually.

Comment

Lep you know what I'm meaning! The info is always positive talk the crop out do all players can get their house in order before the real shit hits the fan. The fat lady has entered the building.
            Lots are beyond repair some a rain will help fill and others will get s nice average!

Comment

Yes sf3. I know there is always a delay in the reality being reflected in the markets. But use real info to your advantage to prepare for when it is reflected.

If stocks or production or acres are overstated eventually prices will rise. So delay pricing until later. Or take a futures position based on reality.

Comment

You think its dry this year, wait till next year. Welcome to the 1980's.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                  You think its dry this year, wait till next year. Welcome to the 1980's.
                  Without a replenishment of reserve moisture this fall or timely rains next year, this year's crop on our farm will look like a bumper in comparison. Scary to think about. ...so I won't worry about it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    Central Alberta, east of Red Deer. No rain since July 3.
                    Canola crops appear to have hung in there amazingly well. On lighter land done flowering, on good land still flowering and don't look too bad.
                    Wheat crops hanging in there but are starting to suffer from the dryness. On lighter land and hilltops fizzle frying away to nothing. Made the mistake of putting fungicide on my wheat, fortunately used twin line that I got a really good deal on. In hind site it was a waste of money.
                    Barley crops, one good land still look good but one lighter land all turning white. Made the mistake of growing a semi-dwarf variety called Thompson for silage. I was tired of picking up lodged barley. It is only about 30 inches tall but no lodging lol.
                    Peas are done flowering and filling pods. They look good. Most pods have 6-7 peas in them.
                    Fabas are flowering not near as tall as last few years.
                    Durum, lentils and soybeans are not grown in my area.
                    Pastures are turning brown. Haying is probably 80-90% done in my area. Yields are down a bit from last year. In my case it yielded from 1.5 bales per acre up to just under 3. Got it up without rain on it lol.
                    Overall we need rain, none in the forecast for my area.
                    We've grown Thompson barley off and on for almost 20 years. Only guaranteed way I've found to get a drought, is plant lots of Thompson. It yeilds tremendously on a wet year ( but still does lodge, but is way over 120 bu before that happens). But is pitiful when it doesn't rain.

Comment

Crops from our place to brandon look OK from the road..no drought spots.
                      Better than some by Wadena that are floating..or submerged.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...